CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

car cover

Mark3601

Hi all I want to purchase a car cover for my 05 DTS do any of you have a cover for your caddy, and if so do you remember the brand ? I live in mass so I need one that will handle the rain snow wind etc.

I purchased one off of ebay that the conpany said was the right one for the car, but when it arrived and I placed it on the car it did not fit. just barely made it under the front and rear of car and then left approx 6 inches of the side of the car exposed and this was with the mirrors folded in.

If you have any pictures of your cover on you caddy that would be great to check out too.

Thanks

Mark

Hi all I want to purchase a car cover for my 05 DTS do any of you have a cover for your caddy, and if so do you remember the brand ? I live in mass so I need one that will handle the rain snow wind etc.

I purchased one off of ebay that the conpany said was the right one for the car, but when it arrived and I placed it on the car it did not fit. just barely made it under the front and rear of car and then left approx 6 inches of the side of the car exposed and this was with the mirrors folded in.

If you have any pictures of your cover on you caddy that would be great to check out too.

Thanks

Mark

I think I might want to have one for my 1997 Eldorado for when I park in an open lot on a snowy day and such.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I think I might want to have one for my 1997 Eldorado for when I park in an open lot on a snowy day and such.

Here's my input - take it for what it's worth.

I keep covers on both my Caddys most of the time - between the environmental crud in the air around here, the five cats who love to climb up and survey the acreage from the roofs, and the birds with IBS, I think it helps a bit.

However, I usually DON'T cover them in the rain - not that I go out and UNCOVER them, but if it IS raining, I leave them uncovered. I've found that the rain drops drying on the cover or condensing on the inner surface leave spots that are worse to clean than the plain old rain. Plus, a windy rain tends to blow them off (we get a fair amount of wind where I am right off the Delaware Bay..) because the strap on one broke, and the other has all the elastic torn off, just about.

Also, I made the mistake of having a cover on my previous Deville one winter night when it started with freezing rain, and then moved to snow. The cover was literally frozen to the car - it took me about an hour to rip it all off, and the cover was ruined, literally torn to shreds.

Of course, I just use the cheapo $50 covers from Walmart, so they may not offer the protection of a $300 custom one - but they serve my purpose.

Bottom line - a higher quality cover is usually a good idea, IF you make sure that the inner surface stays clean - don't want to drag a bunch of grit and crap all over the car as you put it on. Don't let them FREEZE on. Make sure if it's windy that there aren't metal grommets banging in to your finish. Also, find a friend who can help - my cars are so highly polished that the cover literally slides off before I can get it in position some times. And finally - don't ever expect to get it back in the storage bag once you get it out... :lol::lol:

Good luck.

Jim

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." - Richard P. Feynman

user posted image

Archived