CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

What's with all the darn penguins?

Ok, so we've got animated little guys with Robin William's voice dancing all over Antarctica, and last year's March of the Penguins, and god knows how many other in the wings waiting to charm our mukluks off...

Who decided that penquins were the next meerkats?

Or am I just an old fart who doesn't get off on cartoon animals acting like humans?

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." - Richard P. Feynman

user posted image

The movie Happy Feet appears to be a good one. The sound track is really good. http://www2.warnerbros.com/happyfeet/ My daughter can't wait to see it. The marketing effort is overwhelming from TV, to Internet, to fast food restaurants, to sound tracks all under a frontal attack. I am actually looking forward to seeing it with my daughter (she is 9). I did not see Marching of the Penguins last year however because I understood that it was a created documentary to promote the lefts agenga.

That said, I can't help but think that this is some sort of subliminal brain washing by liberal left hollywood regarding ANWAR oil drilling or the like. Forgive me for being suspicious, I am sure they would defend it as becoming enlightened or more accurately them enlightening us as they are so much more intelligent than the average Joe. Meanwhile we are held captive by the middle east for our oil. Sorry if I sound cranky, but hollywood and the left are a joke. Yesterday I was watching a show on TV with my daughter produced by Disney called Life with Derrick, and a 12 yo boy was wearing black eyeliner. Give me a break.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Mike, I wouldn't be suprised. What kicked me in to action was seeing a tie-in to HF by Comcast, where you can log into their site (Comcast) and "learn the same dance steps" the penguins do... I haven't devoted my life to it, but I'd wager you could find at least 25-30 tie-ins between HF and other products...

I read a review that cast aspersions on HF because of it's underlying theme of overfishing and global warming.

It's not that I have any prejudices against flightless birds and their right to terpsichore, but I do have a problem with trivializing any major concern by linking it to emotional responses and anthropromophic examples.

It's as if filmakers who wish to make a point (which is their right) do it by treating us like 7-year olds who can not understand basic thought and instead couch their rhetoric in cutesy, easily marketable iconographs; rather than adults who deserve to be shown actual fact.

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." - Richard P. Feynman

user posted image

Sorry if I sound cranky, but hollywood and the left are a joke. Yesterday I was watching a show on TV with my daughter produced by Disney called Life with Derrick, and a 12 yo boy was wearing black eyeliner. Give me a break.

Amen to that! Slightly OT - We had a case in Nebraska where a child molester was given a more lenient sentence because the judge thought he was too short and would become a target in prison. That went over real well...gimme a break!

<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->2007 DTS Performance - 50K

<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

As a matter of fact, I <i>am</i> driving 70 MPH in a phone booth.

Archived