CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Before/After DynoMax SuperTurbos

K2K

By the way...

I got some camaro tips on there. I think it was well worth it (Thanks Bob_D!)

And sorry about my garage, I'm kind of remodeling right now ;\

Anyways, I'll have a sound file up soon if anyone wants to hear.

I'm extremely satisfied with the sound quality.

Did you go with the Super Turbos? I just had a pair installed on my car -- # 17748 .... I think they sound great.. I've never seen those tips.. I like!

PS - wife kick you out again.. [matress in the garage] ? :)

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

By the way...

I got some camaro tips on there. I think it was well worth it (Thanks Bob_D!)

And sorry about my garage, I'm kind of remodeling right now ;\

Anyways, I'll have a sound file up soon if anyone wants to hear.

I'm extremely satisfied with the sound quality.

Why, you're welcome K2 ;) IMHO, those tipes just fit the horizontal plane and the angles of our STS's much better. It sure looks sharp. (I know it sounds great too!)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty guys, I gotta get going on this now... My one tips fell off, and the muffler has a gaping hole in it! :o

The good news, is that it gives me the reason to do this! K2K, what muffler no. did you go with? Where di you order them, and how much?

Looking up yours Bentham, it has 2 1/2' in and out. My pipes after the split are only 2" so I really need to stick with that. Don't have the $ right now, or I would consider yanking all that and putting 2.5 all the way back...

K2K, where did you get the tips and how much were they? Those would look nice on an Eldorado too I think! ;)

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

This is a letter I wrote to someone who had a few questions, figure I'd repost it, in case it might help anyone :)

The mufflers I ordered are located here:

http://www.dynomax.com/superturbo.stm

They're the picture at the very top, and I think it cost about $150 for the two (I have 2" exhausting, too, so no worries there) and the tips were $172, but you can find them real cheap if you look hard enough, like these:

http://www.autobarn.net/racafasttip.html

(Don't get those, though, they won't fit the Dyno max)

On the caddy, the room for tips is 10x3", so you want tips about 9x2.5, or 9x3.

Any self-respecting performance exhaust and muffler shop will know about Dynomax Superturbos for 2.0" exhaust pipes, along with Camaro tips, just be sure to ask for that, because the guy had no idea what I was talking about when I just tried to flat out describe them.

Once you tell them that you need Superturbos for a Seville, they should be able to figure out the tips, but if they're idiots, remember that the Dynomax muffler is shaped like this:

_____| |_

| |

| |

| |

|__ __|

| |

not

___| |___

| |

| |

| |

|__ __|

| |

So you need tips shaped like this

| |

\ |

\ |

\___ |

| |

not

| |

\ /

\ /

\_ _/

| |

That should about cover it :)

My ghetto drawings didn't come out for some reason, but basically the dyno max muffers shape from the entry to exit point is a diagonol line, not a straight one, so you need a tip whose entrance point is on the right (or left) and is shaped more like \| than \/.

Thanks again K2K for all your help here! ;)

On a related note, a lot of guys talk about painting there Dynomax (or other steel mufflers) with heat-resistant paint to keep them looking nicer longer. Here is a link to some great stuff, from what I have been reading on a Pontiac forum.

http://www.por15.com/subcat.asp?id=4

I was looking for some paint for my Firebird headers, and I will be using this Por 20 on the Eldorado's Dynomax mufflers too now I think. It's not cheap, but it lasts unlike anything else on heads, headers, and exhaust systems. Plus, it is silver! (hmm... my calipers need painting!) B)

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Archived