CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

cornering lights

winterset

Is there an easy way to keep both cornering lights on (without splicing). I was hopeing there was a way to set an option in the DIC. setting LO to HI or something.

I don't think it will be distracting for other drivers.

related other question in another post.

Is there an easy way to keep both cornering lights on (without splicing). I was hopeing there was a way to set an option in the DIC. setting LO to HI or something.

I don't think it will be distracting for other drivers.

related other question in another post.

winterset,

I'm quite sure that the cornering lights in your vehicle are controlled through mechanical switch contacts in the turn signal switch assembly. Thus, the only way to keep them illuminated at all times would require modifying the vehicle's wiring; it cannot be done through "calibration" settings accessible via the onboard diagnostics.

Most of the latest GM vehicle models now feature direct electronic control of all exterior lamps. So, theoretically, a calibration setting could be made to activate or deactivate any lamp inadvertently. With that stated, I doubt that any software set has been created that would allow such a setting, except as a temporary lamp diagnostic function using a Tech 2 scanner tool.

Archived