CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Suspension Problem???

Cesarr956

Hello, folks I seem to have a problem now with the suspension. I've been told that I need the compressor (or pump) so that that car can be able to level itself when a certain amount of weight is put on the car. Anyone know where I can get this part at a cheap price. I've been given an estimate on converting the car to regular shocks/suspension but it's close to 900 dollars to do so!

Thanks In Advance, Cesar

Your car already has the compressor unless someone removed it. I'm assuming the compressor does not run and the car does not level out???

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I think the first thing to do is troubleshoot the compressor operation before replacing the suspension components. Check the fuse and the compressor relay.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I think the first thing to do is troubleshoot the compressor operation before replacing the suspension components. Check the fuse and the compressor relay.

Well I had the compressor checked but it's not working and the guy said that since they have some sort of piston or something that I'm better off converting. So do I purchase a new compressor or just go for the reconversion?

"The Guy" is obviously not familiar with the level ride system on Cadillacs and wants sell you a bunch of parts you probably do not need...... All the parts of the compressor are available as service parts. If it does not operate, the first thing to check is if it is receiving power when there is weight in the trunk. If not, it is either the relay, the fuse or one of the height sensors at the rear of the car. The factory service manual has a very detailed troubleshooting section on the compressor.

There could also be a massive leak in the air tubing from the compressor to the rear shocks - check the lines closely for chafing.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived