CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

need help wireng a auto dimming rear view mirror form a 1992 Deville/Fleetwood.

pharoah007

I need help wireing a auto dimming rear view mirror form a 1992 Deville/Fleetwood into my car.

I have a good grasp of 12V systems

This is a picture of the mirror in question...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/phar...07/DSC01638.jpg

The mirror has 3 wires coming out of it, they are: Green black and pink/black stripe. the 3 wires run to 3 pin outs on the inside of the mirror mounted on the PCB. The 3 pinouts are labeled and the wires run to the pins marked as follows...

+= pink/black stripe

G =black wire (gotta be ground)

I=green

Here is a picture of the pinouts and how they are labeled...(dis-regard the 2 pinouts to the right of the 3...they are not connected to anything in the stock Deville/Fleetwood setup, incidentally they are labeled O and G)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/phar...07/DSC01639.jpg

Does anyone have a wireng diagram for this mirror so I know how to wire it up??

thanks for all help in advance

Black is ground, Pink w/black trace is "hot in run" or switched 12v, and the green wire needs to be connected to the backup light circuit - from the gear position switch. That assures the autodimming feature is turned off when backing up for maximum visibility.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Black is ground, Pink w/black trace is "hot in run" or switched 12v, and the green wire needs to be connected to the backup light circuit - from the gear position switch. That assures the autodimming feature is turned off when backing up for maximum visibility.

wicked man, thanks a billion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Archived