CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

oil cooler hoses

bobnsue2

Hi,

I have a 91 STS Seville with the 4.9.

One of the oil cooler hoses is leaking slowly at a joint from rubber to stee near the lower connection at the radiator.

I haven't found the part number for price lookup on line at the usual places. GMpartsdirect, Rockauto, etc.

I will go to the closest dealer for a look at the parts catalog in a day or two, and see if I can get the part number along with their wonderfully high price quote. Has anyone ever experienced one coming apart and loosing all oil?

Thanks,

Bob B

Hi,

One of the oil cooler hoses is leaking slowly at a joint from rubber to stee near the lower connection at the radiator.

I haven't found the part number for price lookup on line at the usual places. GMpartsdirect, Rockauto, etc.

I will go to the closest dealer for a look at the parts catalog in a day or two, and see if I can get the part number along with their wonderfully high price quote. Has anyone ever experienced one coming apart and loosing all oil?

Thanks,

Bob B

Is it motor oil cooler line or tranny? The tanny lines go to the radiator side tank connected to the lower radiator hose. Power steering return lines are close too. As far as I understand it is not a line to line connection by means of a clamp, but just the same line with metal termination. If it's a tranny cooling line I have the part numbers since I have done the job recently. I bought the parts from a local dealer, and each part was no more than $20. I get pretty good discount from the dealer though (25%). You can email to gmpartsdirect.com for PN and then aproach the dealer with their quote to see if they can offer you a better deal. Getting parts from gmpartsdirect.com takes at least two weeks.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Hi,

One of the oil cooler hoses is leaking slowly at a joint from rubber to steel near the lower connection at the radiator.

Thanks,

Bob B

Is it motor oil cooler line or tranny? The tanny lines go to the radiator side tank connected to the lower radiator hose. Power steering return lines are close too. As far as I understand it is not a line to line connection by means of a clamp, but just the same line with metal termination. If it's a tranny cooling line I have the part numbers since I have done the job recently. I bought the parts from a local dealer, and each part was no more than $20. I get pretty good discount from the dealer though (25%). You can email to gmpartsdirect.com for PN and then aproach the dealer with their quote to see if they can offer you a better deal. Getting parts from gmpartsdirect.com takes at least two weeks.

===============================================================

Hi,

The hose is on the left side tank and it is a high pressure hose crimped where it changes from rubber to metal. No clamps. It threads into the fitting at the lower left of the radiator tank.

I'm fairly certain it goes to the oil filter mounting.

Hi,

One of the oil cooler hoses is leaking slowly at a joint from rubber to steel near the lower connection at the radiator.

Thanks,

Bob B

===============================================================

Hi,

The hose is on the left side tank and it is a high pressure hose crimped where it changes from rubber to metal. No clamps. It threads into the fitting at the lower left of the radiator tank.

I see. Get the part number from gmotors.com (email them), and either buy from them, or go to the dealer with their quote. It should not be very expensive.

[==============================================================

Hi,

===================================

I see. Get the part number from gmotors.com (email them), and either buy from them, or go to the dealer with their quote. It should not be very expensive.

====================================================

Hi,

No luck with gmmotors they are way too slow. (http://gmpartsdirect.com/)

Brasington answered and faxed a copy of the page from the parts catalog using my vin number.

Their price is 35.00 plus 11.00 shipping.

I also checked with the dealer, dealer price 65.00 plus tax.

I just placed an order with Brasington (Brasington Parts <parts@gmotors.com>)

Thanks,

Bob B

[==============================================================

Hi,

===================================

====================================================

Hi,

No luck with gmmotors they are way too slow. (http://gmpartsdirect.com/)

Brasington answered and faxed a copy of the page from the parts catalog using my vin number.

Their price is 35.00 plus 11.00 shipping.

I also checked with the dealer, dealer price 65.00 plus tax.

I just placed an order with Brasington (Brasington Parts <parts@gmotors.com>)

Thanks,

Bob B

That's not a bad price. Please post the results and the part number when you get it. Someone may need that info some day.

Archived