CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Help - fabricating toggle switch plate

Bentham

Ok - I am putting in the subwoofer and amp[finally] and need some assistance.

I am placing a toggle switch in the center consolefor the sub [[see pic]] and I want to construct a 'plate/cover' for the toggle switch to sit in..

Plus I spilled paint in that area so it would be nice to cover that up :)

Thanks for any help on what material to use, what color to have the cover, etc..and sorry for the 'off-topic' but half off you are engineers so I figured 'what the hey'

-Eric

post-3-1080081057.jpg

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

Plexiglass can be easilly worked with & a small rocker switch mounted in it. If the opening has an inner lip it could sit in there or you could glue some "legs" to the cover to put it at the height you want & still have the switch clear the bottom of the console. Spray paint the color you want on the back of the glass.

Be careful of how many amps you run through the switch & use a relay if necessary.

Thanks for the input guys! I'll be shopping around to see what I can come up with... Here's the switch by the way.. a little much? :)

[remember, I have the Nitrous look-a-like subwoofer so I wanted a NOS-type switch]

Thanks

-Eric

post-3-1080096154.jpg

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

Thinking about having this guy that sells toggle switches 'custom-make' me a plate[along with the toggle switch' to fit in the console area.. $45 shipped - heres a photoshopped image of what it will look like.. The LED should/will be on, only when the switch is 'on'

Am I sucker for letting him do it? I can get the toggle switch alone for $15.

No laughing at my photoshopping :)

-Eric

post-3-1080157941.jpg

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

I don't think so, the switch looks pretty cool to me and would be a neat little accessory for the Cadillac :)

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

hee-hee - thanks Cupillac

Money sent - he's working on it as we speak

He also said I could have 100% money back refund, even including shipping. If I wasn't happy with it.

If that's not a deal, I don't know what is.. I'll post pics of everything.. new wheels,exhaust tips, subwoofer, toggle switch.., as soon as my friend comes around with that digi cam of his :)

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

Archived