CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CTS-V Privateers

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Quote from the article:

>"You just have to drive a CTS-V for a minute to know that this will be one great car to race,"< Powell said.

That's what we like to hear! Possibly we'll see more local privateers with the CTS-V's in the SCCA regional races here in Northern Ca. It's a fairly ready to race car right out of the box, according to the pros.

Too bad the only place Grand Am races here in Ca. is 450 miles south in Fontana at the "California Speedway." That's kinda far to go to watch them go roundy-round in a stadium type race. I't be great if the Grand Am would make it up here to Sears Point (yeah "Infineon", whatever..) and Laguna Seca where the real road racing tracks are. There's plenty of track and time, it's the darn politics...

Oh well, I'll catch the ALM/Speed W/C up here.

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Nice follow-on article with photos on making the cars:

http://www.theracesite.com/index.cfm?paget...rm_article=6719

Nice that Cadillac provided technical support -- that can be invaluable for design work.

Powell knew that Grand Am had instituted new for 2004 noise regulations, to keep neighbors happy at various race tracks on the Grand Am Cup schedule. It was important to devise an exhaust system that tuned out high frequency noise, without losing power from the LS6 V-8 engine. GM gave the team computer modeling for packaging information, Corsa Performance used that information and made a new generation of mandrel bent exhaust system with specially tuned racing noise attenuators. In a big bonus for the CTS V team, the 3 inch diameter dual cross over exhaust fit first time, fit very well, and used all the production hangers and hardware.

It was a similar story for the fuel cell, traditionally a very difficult part to make. GM did the installation modeling work on their computers, Mike Rowley at Hoerr Racing designed the internal NASCAR style billet pickups, and Fuel Safe in California made the can and the bladder itself. Devon Powell plumbed the hoses and pumps. The entire fuel cell unit fits neatly into the production location in front of the rear axle. This provides a safe installation while providing good weight distribution.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived