CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Motor Swap

Jason15036

Hey, I have a question about the Northstars. Is there anyway to put a 1998 Cadillac Seville STS motor into a 1997 Cadillac Eldorado. I have everything complete for both cars pcms, wiring harness. everything. Also if that wouldn't work could you swap just the blocks and put all the 1997 components on the 1998 block. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You, Jason

You are moving a VIN 9 engine into a VIN Y car. If I were to attempt that, I would put the entire drive drain into the Eldorado: engine, transmission, and PCM. This avoids problems such as an "incorrect gear ratio" code and DIC message.

The touring package includes more than the engine, transmission and drive train. The struts are different. I think that the struts are controlled by the PZM so that shouldn't be an issue. But, if you want an ETC with a chrome grille, you need to switch the struts and PZM for ETC parts to get the handling. If all you want to do is an engine swap and you're not concerned with the small stuff, just swap the engine, transmission, and PCM. Clear the codes, run it, and see what codes pop up, if any.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived