CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Transmission Flush

CRC2362

There are no filters to change. The filter is deep in the trans and only gets serviced during a complete overhaul. There are 2 reusable screens in the pan. The gasket is also reusable.

I've heard people say the gasket is reuseable but the FSM states in bold print "Do not reuse the pan gasket". Oddly enough, you can buy the trans, kit which includes the pan gasket, screes and screen o-rings at the dealer for less money than the pan gasket alone. :rolleyes:

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I think their may have been a revision to the manuals or something to increase the price of service slightly? My 98 Service Manual with the Second Edition markings states with an "Important" marking:

"Important: The Bottom pan seal is not reusable. Replace with a new seal after removeing the bottom pan for any service."

It says that bulletin in every section that has the pan dropped.

Scan of Filter Section (click to enlarge):

IPB Image

In the first paragraph it says to replace the screens, but in the later instructions says to see if their seals are damaged and replace. It would probibly make sense if I had them in my hands as I read it, which I will most likely in the next few weeks when the oil needs changing :)

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Archived