CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

GM FastLane:The Hannity Debate

Editor's note: A recent GM promotion on Sean Hannity's radio program generated quite a bit of interest in the Internet community. While there has been an overwhelming positive response to this promotion, a few others have raised a concern. This is the response we posted on the web site that first raised the issue:

Okay, you have our attention!

Since the posting on your site about the Sean Hannity show, we have received hundreds of emails, phone calls, etc., with your opinions.

To clarify, we didn't hire Mr. Hannity as a spokesperson and he is not receiving compensation from GM for thispromotion. What we are doing is running a promotion on his show where Mr. Hannity is featuring three of

our newest products every week and listeners can register to win their choice of the three vehicles.

As the head of Sales and Marketing for GM, my job is not to create political controversy but preferably to create interest in our world-class lineup of vehicles. Looks like we are doing a bit of both with this promotion.

GM is the biggest advertiser in America and to tell our story we advertise across a tremendously wide array of media trying to connect with all Americans irrespective of ethnic, religious or political affiliations. We just want folks to experience our products.

We want to reach you on the shows you listen to. Below is my email address. Please let me know the shows where you would like to hear or see our advertising — perhaps even a similar promotion to the one

currently being run on Hannity. We may already be on many of the programs that you enjoy. If not, we will sure look at them. Also, if you are interested in hearing more about any of our new products or our business turnaround, we will be happy to address that as well.

</p>I appreciate your views and I welcome your suggestions.</p>

Mark LaNeve

GM Vice President Sales and Marketing

Phone number: (313) 665-1357

email address: laneve@gm.com

http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/archives/2006/10/post_1.html

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived