CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Update: Dynomax installed

Bentham

Today I had my Dynomax Super Turbos [p/n # 17748] installed on my car and the tips rewelded.

The guy only charged me $50 which I thought was an amazing price.

The sound is actually quieter than I expected but it sounds real nice at WOT.

I am also sure to see an increase in MPG because my last set of mufflers were in terrible shape.

If anyone is thinking about getting some, don't hesitate!

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

Hope you have better luck with their mufflers that I did...

I put them on my Corvette and loved the sound of the mufflers... Three years later they both rusted from the inside right at the muffler hanger... No customer service from Walker, and impossible warranty terms on claims from one of their so called, "authorized warranty shops"...

I ended up going back to a stock system and throwing the Dynomax mufflers in the trash...

I'd love to have a more aggressive sound out of the Caddy, but I'm not taking the chance on them again... I wish Corsa or Flowmaster would make us a custom system...

Maybe Corsa would sell you the mufflers and resonator and you could have a shop weld it together. If the piping is anything similar, you could have that modified to fit as well. Just find a good shop that works with 304 ss. They have a great system for the northstar - just not one for a 94 Caddy anything.

They lasted 3 years?! I'd be amazed if mine held up for half that. I replaced the left muffler last summer and it was completely 'decayed' when the new ones were installed. Ofcourse, I live in western NY with 8 months of rain, salt and snow.

I have another question --- what makes the Trans Ams and Camaros have that distinct muffler sound - not sure how to describe it - but it sounds nice...

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

Spraying the undercarriage of an auto that regularly sees salt spray can greatly enhance the life expectancy of the parts. If you only expect a year and a half out of a set of mufflers, you need to get you some stainless steel parts (like OE). I had great luck with aluminized mufflers from Walker, but if I were really worried about salt and the winter, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase some stainless steel mufflers, from Borla or Edelbrock, or even Dynomax (the UltraFlow line is stainless steel). They'll cost more money up front, but if you have to replace mufflers every other year, a stainless steel muffler will long pay for itself if you plan to keep your car for a while.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

They lasted 3 years?!  I'd be amazed if mine held up for half that.  I replaced the left muffler last summer and it was completely 'decayed' when the new ones were installed.  Ofcourse, I live in western NY with 8 months of rain, salt and snow.

I have another question --- what makes the Trans Ams and Camaros have that distinct muffler sound - not sure how to describe it - but it sounds nice...

-Eric

Less than 3 years... The worst part??? I live in Southern Kalifornia... No snow, not that much rain, just humidity because I live near the ocean...

I had an 88 IROC with Flowmaster and a 97 Trans Am also with a Flowmaster system, both vehicles sounded great... Nothing compared to the sound of a Mustang with Flowmaster exhaust though... I'm not sure what it is about a Mustang, but they do have the best sounding exhaust systems... I wonder if it has anything to do with the firing order of the engines in how they pulse though the exhaust system...

Which makes me wonder, the Mustangs are now all 4.6L motors like our Northstars... They're also dual muffler systems like our cars... Maybe an experiment is in order with some Mustang Flowmasters on a NS Caddy!!!!

Archived