CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Tim Allen Designs CTS

hmm, old news from Nov I guess but I did not notice this go by at the time:

Tim Allen Designs (TAD) & Wheel to Wheel showed a 400 hp custom CTS 3.6L back at SEMA http://www.tecstarinc.com/general/news5.html

g01timallen400.jpg

The TAD CTS "will be very carefully positioned," Beitzel said, a bit below Cadillac's V-series CTS and above the sport version of CTS.  [...] The car features Brembo brakes, a spoiler, 18-inch wheels and tires and a new exhaust system. It is powered by a modified 3.6-liter, double overhead cam V-6 engine capable of making more than 400 horsepower and peak torque of 402 pounds-feet at 3,400 rpm.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Oh here is a bit more info; sounds like a supercharger then, although oddly described:

The TAD Cadillac CTS features sport enhancements like rear spoiler, special interior trim, 18-inch wheels, 14-in brakes, belt-driven turbo compressor, unique air-induction, new exhaust system and modified suspension.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Hi

Sounds like an awesome conversion.

Awhile back there was an article in road and track on a TAD Deville.The shop the does them is not too far from my house I'm tempted to have some of that stuff done to my car..Tempted is the keyword but it would be nice but not practical for me.

Jim

Hi Bill

Interesting about the TAD You would think it would be pretty peppy in all the ranges.If I recall they pulled somewhere around a extra 100hp from the engine mods. The brakes i think were brembo's. to the suspension If I recall they added a brace between the strut towers which if I remember made an improvement..and bigger wheels and tires.

It sounded good in the article. I imagine the brace between the towers made a improvement ..

Thanks

Jim

Archived