CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1991 Eldorado Codes???

chazglenn3

Thanks, Larry. I'll check it out. I'm going to look at the car on Saturday. It has some minor body damage (dents, dings, missing a moulding) and needs a grille, but I'm told the engine and tranny are solid and it has no leaks. The moonroof even works! I figure if I buy it cheap enough and MAYBE fix a couple of things, I can drive it while my car is down, then sell it for what I paid for it...like a free rental car.

Charles

Charles

I am considering purchasing a 1991 Eldorado to drive while my STS is down for the engine change. Is it possible to pull codes on these cars? If so, how? Thanks!

Charles

I owned a '90 Eldorado - basically the same car as the '91 except the '90 has the 4.5 liter engine while the '91 has the 4.9 liter, an extra 20 horsepower. I loved my '90 Eldo. The '88-'91 Eldos were great sized cars- not too big, not too small. Mine was very peppy, it handled great, and it had a great ride. It also had the upgraded Bose Sound system which was my favorite radio that I'vd had on any car. I loved the interior also, very technologically advanced - the information center greets you with a "hello" when you start the car.

The '91 had some other advancements over the one I had besides the engine. There's an upgraded transmission (I couldn't feel the shifts in the '90, so I can image how good the '91 is), standard Antilock Brakes, and Computer Command Ride. It really is a great car.

Regarding accessing the trouble codes, with the ignition in the on position, press the "Off" and "Warmer" buttons on the Climate Control Panel simultaneously for about 4 seconds until all the displays light up. The codes will appear in the Driver Information Center which is located just in front of the gear shift on this model.

Good luck with the purchase.

Thanks, Richie! I am worried that if I buy the car, I will like it too much and not be able to sell it when I no longer need it :). Then, my wife would want to kill me for having a 99 STS and a 91 Eldo.

Charles

Charles

Archived