CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Signal Flasher Relay

AtlantaMc

Hey Guys!

I bought a turn signal flasher relay from NAPA. And of course, they sold me the round hazard relay replacement part. I will keep it for a spare, as I was able to locate it under the dash this weekend. I've removed the panel above the pedals, the panel under the steering column, the metal panel that was under the previous panel, and still can't find the little black box. Can anyone help? Is there yet another panel to be removed? Would anyone know what the part number would be for this? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!! :(

Mark McDermott

79 Deville 84,000

97 Deville 279,000 :yupi3ti:

On my 93 STS, it took me a while to find it but eventually I did. It is clipped to the backside of the dash, almost between the steering column and the headlight knob. You nned to unclip it and it will fall down, then it is easy to change. You almost have to get underneath everthing and look towards the back of the car to see it. Good luck.

It's up there where you are looking. Can't recall if it is left or right of the steering column but as I recall it is tucked up pretty high and is held in place by a spring steel retainer attatched to the back side of the dash. It is a rectangular box. The best way to find it (if it is working) is to turn the turn signal on and feel for it.

Is there any chance you could pull the lever for a turn, and get under the dash and look for the thing that is clicking?

I would, but it doesn't click any more. That did help however with the hazard relay. Thanks.... :)

Mark McDermott

79 Deville 84,000

On my 93 STS, it took me a while to find it but eventually I did. It is clipped to the backside of the dash, almost between the steering column and the headlight knob. You nned to unclip it and it will fall down, then it is easy to change. You almost have to get underneath everthing and look towards the back of the car to see it. Good luck.

Thank you for the help...

Mark McDermott

79 Deville 84,000

It's up there where you are looking. Can't recall if it is left or right of the steering column but as I recall it is tucked up pretty high and is held in place by a spring steel retainer attatched to the back side of the dash. It is a rectangular box. The best way to find it (if it is working) is to turn the turn signal on and feel for it.

Thanks Larry for the info.. At least now I know that it's held on by a clip, as I didn't want to just start pulling, and ruin something. I will look again this weekend. I ordered a part on line as the dealerships seem to have had a run on them lately.

I figured too that it might help me identify what I'm looking for when it arrives.... Thanks again!

Mark McDermott

79 Deville 84,000

Is there any chance you could pull the lever for a turn, and get under the dash and look for the thing that is clicking?

I would, but it doesn't click any more. That did help however with the hazard relay. Thanks.... :)

That sounds like a bad canceler in the turn signal switch down in the column below the steering wheel. MUCH harder to get at.

I changed it out on my DeVille and its was pretty much where "EJPut" said it is above. It is a little black square part with a clip on it. You should be able to just unclip it and it will drop down a little and make it easier to change.

Mine was easy to find because it was still kinda working. Was able to listen for it when it worked...

Thank You All for the info! I should get the part Friday by mail. And the search will be on again... Ha!

Mark McDermott

79 Deville 84,000

Archived