CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

more 98 deville woes

e39dream

I'm looking to install a new fuse box and relay harness in a 1998 deville. can anyone provide me a part number for the fuse box and relay harnesses that are under the hood on the drivers side? Or ideally sell us a clean used one? My friends are all corroded, and we have replaced everything on this car but the relay holders and fuse box. It's finally running and starting somewhat reliably again- now it will die if you jiggle the fuse box- even at speeds or while turning. This car is a daily driver that has been problematic and I'd like to update the electronics as they are faulty. thanks- Mark

bump for the weekday guys- anyone help me get this stuff- or at least tell me where to get it?

I do not recall anybody replacing the parts you mentioned. So you probably better contact people from gmotors.com for that specific info. They are very helpful. Good luck.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I'm looking to install a new fuse box and relay harness in a 1998 deville. can anyone provide me a part number for the fuse box and relay harnesses that are under the hood on the drivers side? Or ideally sell us a clean used one? My friends are all corroded, and we have replaced everything on this car but the relay holders and fuse box. It's finally running and starting somewhat reliably again- now it will die if you jiggle the fuse box- even at speeds or while turning. This car is a daily driver that has been problematic and I'd like to update the electronics as they are faulty. thanks- Mark

You might try this Cadillac recycler in west Phoenix, they had about 200 cars last time I visited.

www.aanationalautoparts.com.

At least the corrosion factor should be reduced, though the heat factor may be a problem with used wiring. You may have heard that mid 90's Mercedes are experiencing underhood wiring failures due to some German government greening edict that wiring should decay when sent to the landfill. Well, the insulation is falling off the wires after just 10 years in service!

Jim in Phoenix

Jim in Phoenix

Archived