CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

How much does a good N* motor and transmission sell for?

The Fred

Could I rip out the motor and transmission from my STS and jam it on ebay and get a good price?

That way I could part out the car, see, and take the car out to the country..

And fire at it with a borrowed ak-47 I know someone with an inexpensive SAR1 but it takes 55rd mags or drums but I don't think they have any drums for it

But I sure would feel better if I got to shoot at it with that and my shotgun and I might even splurge a little and pick up that Mac 10 I've been wanting. I know where I can get a real one (not some stupid copy) by MA for $450.... and let me tell you it aint easy to find a real honest to god Mac 10 in 40 :)

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

Could I rip out the motor and transmission from my STS and jam it on ebay and get a good price?

That way I could part out the car, see, and take the car out to the country..

And fire at it with a borrowed ak-47 I know someone with an inexpensive SAR1 but it takes 55rd mags or drums but I don't think they have any drums for it

But I sure would feel better if I got to shoot at it with that and my shotgun and I might even splurge a little and pick up that Mac 10 I've been wanting. I know where I can get a real one (not some stupid copy) by MA for $450.... and let me tell you it aint easy to find a real honest to god Mac 10 in 40 :)

I have a pre-ban AK-47 I can loan you. It would be my pleasure to help you put it out of it's misery. One 100 round drum ought to fix her. Btw, the SAR1 should take any size magazine, and not just the drum. How about a Barrett 50 cal sniper rifle. Now that would be fun! http://www.barrettrifles.com/

I thought the real MAC 10's were made by Ingram and were either a 45 or 9mm. The MAC 11's shoot a .380 What's an MA?

A "real" AK47 is not even selective fire. It is full auto, period. I have seen, fired and been shot at by "real" AK47's. If yours is not full auto, it is not an "AK47".

I haven't been shot at by an AK-47 but I've fired a couple in my day.

What do you call a semi-auto... AK... if it's not an AK?

If there is a proper name for them that I don't know.. I'm surprised I don't know it.

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

A "real" AK47 is not even selective fire. It is full auto, period. I have seen, fired and been shot at by "real" AK47's. If yours is not full auto, it is not an "AK47".

I've heard the same thing from my brother (infantry) and from a close friend that the Seals wanted in a bad way (he had the luxury of growing up in a marina and the gift to fabricate most any outboard part out of the most unusual things). However neither were shot at by an AK-47. I think if one were being shot at by one then one would have a tendency to remember it to a tee.....but that's just an educated guess.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

A semi automatic AK-47 would be a SKS.

Some of them look like AK-47s, especially the short barrell ParaTrooper model if you put a different stock on it.

A semi automatic AK-47 would be a SKS.

Some of them look like AK-47s, especially the short barrell ParaTrooper model if you put a different stock on it.

That's ridiculous !

If that's true I will eat my hat.

And it's a Stetson hat and the waterproofing tastes bad. :unsure::lol:

MerryChristmas

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

Well if you remember it they missed

and

If you hear it you're alright

I remember them and heard them. Missed on all counts. The RPG was another story. It only needed to get close.

The original AK-47 was designed by a Russian named Avtomat Kalashnikova in 1947, hence "AK-47". It was selective fire - semi-auto/full-auto. There have been many variants of the gun made over the years by many different countries, but most use the same design and ammo.

The AK-47 I own is a chinese made, pre-ban, Poly Technologies AKS-762 semi-auto and fires the 7.62 X 39mm round. The "S" denotes stamped receiver. Some say these were an improvement over the original AK-47 because the stamped steel was lighter than the milled steel. It has the pistol grip, folding spike bayonnet and threaded barrel w/ removable lug nut. I have 7-30 round mags and a 75 round drum for it. I puchased it in 1985, before the '89 and '94 bans took place. The pre-ban Poly Tech's are one of the most highly sought after AK's by collectors and gun enthusiasts as they are very well made and still intact and modifiable. Besides being semi-auto, it is basically the same gun as the original "AK-47". I've fired 1000+ rounds through my AK and let me tell you, I wouldn't want to be shot at by either...same nasty bullet with the same velocity. Here's a pic of my gun I found on the net, although my wood looks much nicer:

http://www.aa-ok.com/11122y.jpg

I don't care much for the the SKS. I used to own one and sold it. Besides being butt-ugly, it has an internal 10 round magazine which is fed by a stripper clip. The magazine does not detach, which is what I disliked the most, there's no pistol grip, and it's longer. I don't believe it has the gas tube above the barrel design either. Definately not an AK.

Fred, the Military Armament Corporation (MAC) Mac 10's were designed and developed by Ingram - same gun. Btw, there are no 150 round drums for the AK's. Only 75 and 100.

The cheap AK's manufactured by B-West here in the US (receivers made in the US, other parts imported) are to be avoided, as their receivers have been known to desintigrate in as little as 2000 rounds. The ones they imported whole were ok. They were made illegal and ATF put them out of business.

So Larry, were you a Ranger in the Army? What was it like to be shot at by an AK? I can't even imagine. Those are some really nasty rounds. I hear they can/will tumble in the air.

The original AK-47 was designed by a Russian named Avtomat Kalashnikova in 1947, hence "AK-47". It was selective fire - semi-auto/full-auto. There have been many variants of the gun made over the years by many different countries, but most use the same design and ammo.

The AK-47 I own is a chinese made, pre-ban, Poly Technologies AKS-762 semi-auto and fires the 7.62 X 39mm round. The "S" denotes stamped receiver. Some say these were an improvement over the original AK-47 because the stamped steel was lighter than the milled steel. It has the pistol grip, folding spike bayonnet and threaded barrel w/ removable lug nut. I have 7-30 round mags and a 75 round drum for it. I puchased it in 1985, before the '89 and '94 bans took place. The pre-ban Poly Tech's are one of the most highly sought after AK's by collectors and gun enthusiast as they are very well made and still intact and modifiable. Besides being semi-auto, it is basically the same gun as the original "AK-47". I've fired 1000+ rounds through my AK and let me tell you, I wouldn't want to be shot at by either...same nasty bullet with the same velocity. Here's a pic of my gun I found on the net, although my wood looks much nicer:

http://www.aa-ok.com/11122y.jpg

I don't care much for the the SKS. I used to own one and sold it. Besides being butt-ugly, it has in internal 10 round magazine which is fed by a stripper clip. The magazine does not detach, which is what I disliked the most, there's no pistol grip, and it's longer. I don't believe it has the gas tube above the barrel either. Definately not an AK.

Fred, the Military Armament Corporation (MAC) Mac 10's were designed and developed by Ingram - same gun. Btw, there are no 150 round drums for the AK's. Only 75 and 100.

The cheap AK's manufactured by B-West (made in the US) are to be avoided, as their receivers have been known to desintigrate in as little as 2000 rounds.

So Larry, were you a Ranger in the Army? What was it like to be shot at by an AK? I can't even imagine. Those are some really nasty rounds. I hear they tumble in the air.

There is a company making 150+ rd drums for Ak-47s but I can't find them because all of the sites it brings up are for some stupid ridiculous airsoft BS *sigh*.. I owned an SKS for awhile and I loved the 7.62x39 as it didn't knock me over but it hit like a slug... accurate with irons too !

My SKS was all black with a folding stock and 30rd det. mags so it was pretty darned handy.

It even had a sling and it ate the russian wolf without problems.

Thanks for clearing that up because I knew that an AK was an AK but that guy started telling about his experience and I hate to argue with experience. Thanks for also clearing that up abot the MAC.

That stupid Clinton AWB was sad.

IPB Image

You can't tell it from the picture but the magazine is detechable.

It slide locks in and then you push it up to lock it into place.

You can also get strippers for it.

MerryChristmas

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

Was your SKS legal? When I had my SKS, I had the folding pistol grip stock and detachable mag kit, but never put them on. I heard something to the effect that is was legal to own the kits, but not assembled, or something like that. The SKS was imported legally after the ban because it had no pistol grip or detachable mag - to own those kits was legal, but to add those items to the gun made the gun illegal. Am I correct? The laws changed too after the '94 ban expired, but I'm not sure what changed, or what the laws are now.

That 150 round drum must have been for those airsoft plastic BB's and was a toy. As far as I know, they never made a 150 round 7.62 X 39mm drum.

The Russian Wolf ammo is decent, and cheap! No corrosive primers too! I have 2 - 550 round tins of 1978 chinese surplus 7.62 on stripper clips with corrosive primers I need to get rid of. I hear it's ok to use as long as you clean your gun right away - you need to clean your bore w/ pure ammonia, or windex even, to neutralize the corrosive primer residue.

So Larry, were you a Ranger in the Army?

Yes and no. I fought with the 2nd Bn, 16th Infantry "Rangers", 1st Infantry Division http://www.16thinfantry-regiment.org/ but was not "Ranger Qualified" meaning I never went through Ranger school.

What was it like to be shot at by an AK?

Scarry! The AK has the most distinctive muzzle report I have ever heard (from the buisness end anyway). Once you hear it, you'll never forget it.

Those are some really nasty rounds. I hear they can/will tumble in the air.

Actually, any round will tumble without enough rifling, which is not very conducive to accuracy. I believe that the M16 suffered from that. If memory serves me correctly the M16-A1 corrected that. The M16 also producess some nasty wounds. http://www.bobtuley.com/terminal.htm

Yes, my SKS was legal - there were a couple things I had to take off of it in order to make it legal. I forget the rules but you can't have this or that with something else or too many of things from a list and certain parts have to be made in a certain place and had to be made before a certain date

MerryChristmas

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

That's cool Larry! Glad you're still with us considering you were on "the business end". :) My AK is my favorite gun to shoot - it has a real nice, distinctive sound to it. The recoil feels good as well. The muzle flash is incredible once it "heats up", makes for a nice show when it's near dusk. It may not be the most accurate, but don't let one hit you. Can you imagine being hit by one of those 7.62 X 39's, especially if it hit you broadside, while it was tumbling? :o

I have a Ruger Mini-14 .223 Ranch rifle that is fun to shoot as well. It is the most accurate gun I have. I had no idea the .223 could be so devasting, as shown in that website. :o No wonder the M16 used that round. They sure don't look like the monster they really are, do they?

Glad you're still with us considering you were on "the business end

ME TOO!

I had no idea the .223 could be so devasting, as shown in that website. ohmy.gif No wonder the M16 used that round. They sure don't look like the monster they really are, do they?

I think part of the reason for that is the high muzzle velocity. I will never forget trying to zero it in. We set out some empty C ration cans and started banging away. My can just sat there and never so much as flinched. I could not believe that I was such a lousy shot. When we called a cease fire and I went out and checked the can, it looked like swiss cheese. I was expecting it to get knocked over or flip or something. I could not believe that every round went through it never moved. I suspect it would have been another story if it was full, which would have been a good use for the Ham & Lima beans (you wouldn't understand that unless you have ever had the "pleasure").

P.S. This thread sure has taken an unexpected turn hasn't it :lol:

Glad you're still with us considering you were on "the business end

ME TOO!

I had no idea the .223 could be so devasting, as shown in that website. ohmy.gif No wonder the M16 used that round. They sure don't look like the monster they really are, do they?

I think part of the reason for that is the high muzzle velocity. I will never forget trying to zero it in. We set out some empty C ration cans and started banging away. My can just sat there and never so much as flinched. I could not believe that I was such a lousy shot. When we called a cease fire and I went out and checked the can, it looked like swiss cheese. I was expecting it to get knocked over or flip or something. I could not believe that every round went through it never moved. I suspect it would have been another story if it was full, which would have been a good use for the Ham & Lima beans (you wouldn't understand that unless you have ever had the "pleasure").

P.S. This thread sure has taken an unexpected turn hasn't it :lol:

Yeah, no doubt, it's the muzle velocity. Heck, it's only slightly larger than a .22 rim fire bullet. Well not exactly, but yes, the velocity is what makes it kick a$$.

Yeah, I'd say we got a wee bit off topic. :lol: It's Fred's fault. :lol:

My fault? I am just old and tired :lol:

The .223 is a great penetrater and it doesn't fall as much at a distance so it's more accurate- correct me if I am wrong as I am sure you will :unsure: but I believe that snipers use .223

PS: I really have seen 150rd AK drums.. and it wasn't no airsoft BS

I can't prove it because I can't find them anywhere but I have seen 'em!

As I remember they were made with some kind of special improved feeding method or some technical thing

MerryChristmas

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

My fault? I am just old and tired :lol:

The .223 is a great penetrater and it doesn't fall as much at a distance so it's more accurate- correct me if I am wrong as I am sure you will :unsure: but I believe that snipers use .223

PS: I really have seen 150rd AK drums.. and it wasn't no airsoft BS

I can't prove it because I can't find them anywhere but I have seen 'em!

As I remember they were made with some kind of special improved feeding method or some technical thing

The mamba wamba sniper rifle is the Barrett M107 .50 cal semi-automatic rifle. It has been approved and being used by the U.S. Army and Special Forces. I saw it on the show "Future Weapons". It is a BAD BOY! Effective range of 1800 meters (over 1 mile) with a record shot of 2500 meters. It can fire 10 rounds (accurately) in under 10 seconds, and penetrate through a 3 feet block wall and still take out it's target. With armour piercing bullets, it can penetrate armoured vehicles.

http://www.barrettrifles.com/military.htm

Check out the video for the M82A1. Basically the same gun as the M107. Can be had for only $7775 plus tax, not including the scope.

http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifles/rifles_82A1.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M82A1

Yes, my SKS was legal - there were a couple things I had to take off of it in order to make it legal.

Like the detachable mag, folding pistol grip stock, and grenade launcher? :lol:

Ha!

I use to see AKs for sale with the "7mm rocket launcher" there on auction arms. I don't know if they were actual AKs or what they were.

The detachable magazine is legal, folding stock is legal... I had to remove the bayonet and something else I can't remember. Something like a heat shield or flash hider or some such thing.

MerryChristmas

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

Archived