CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Opera and ebay conflict

Hi guys,

I use the latest Opera browser, and recently noticed some ebay pages (ones with an item for auction) literally "run away"! :angry: A big ever extending gap occurs betwen the title and the content of the page, so that you cannot catch up with the information you are trying to read up...

Anyone with Opera here experiencing the same?

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I use the latest Opera browser, and recently noticed some ebay pages (ones with an item for auction) literally "run away"! :angry: A big ever extending gap occurs betwen the title and the content of the page, so that you cannot catch up with the information you are trying to read up...

Anyone with Opera here experiencing the same?

Maybe a little late here, but I noticed that 'runaway page' thing too - primarily in visiting an eBay item that had SOLD (as opposed to a current listing)...after about two minutes, the page would tighten up and be fine, but the scroll bar headed south for about three miles before it did.. .????

I'm using Opera 9.02 now, and haven't noticed the odd feature in a while..

I've rattled off several nasty notes to eBay about their bizarre pages totally screwing up in Opera - when every other site I visit, that 'plays by the rules' seems fine.

Opera is a great browser, but quickly finds any mis-programmed pages.

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." - Richard P. Feynman

user posted image

Archived