CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Fuel door from Eldorado to STS?

petrov

These Canadian winters along with the salt they love to pepper :rolleyes: on the roads here has damaged the surface of the door. The moisture got trapped behind the cradle for the filler cap and started rusting outward on the fuel door...it looks like hell now! :o

I need to replace my fuel door on my 93 STS and someone has one from a 93 Eldorado. Does anyone know if these doors are identical?

Also he states it is white in colour (I have sent him an e-mail to ask about it), however my car is pearl white...was the Eldorado available in Pearl that year or just the basic white?

Any input would be appreciated.

Pearl white is one of the two premium paint colors available in those years on the E/K platforms; the other was a bright pearlescent red.

A lot of things are identical between the E (Eldorado) and K (Seville) bodies for 1992 through 1997, but the main differences are in the rear quarters, where the fuel door is. A simple way to check is to find out the part numbers for the two bodies and see if they are the same. If not, you are taking a risk in buying an Eldorado fuel door for a Seville.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived