CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CTS Engines

theakerr

Hi Folks,

I am new to this list but am looking hard at a used CTS. However, I cannot find out any information on the various engine options for the individual years and my local stealer appers to be unable to help. Accordingly, can anyone point me to a web site that shows the year and the associated engine options for that year together with the HP and tourque. note i am not interested in the CTS-V

Thanks

Jim Theaker

Deep River

Ont

Welcome to Caddyinfo. Smart shopping choice; I think the CTS is a wonderful car.

2003 3.2L DOHC V6 220hp/218 ft-lb "clean sheet" redesign of the 3L Catera engine. Also used in the Opel Omega. Non-VVT. Made in England.

2004 Automatics available with the new corporate high feature v6: 3.6L 255hp/252 ft-lb DOHC VVT V6. Made in Canada, Australia, and Michigan. Manual 5 speed transmission retained the 3.2L 220hp engine.

2005 Auto/Manual 6 speed 3.6L 255hp/252 ft-lb or 2.8L variant at 210hp/194 ft-lb.

2006 same

2007 same

I would recommend either the 3.6L or 2.8L, and avoid the 3.2L engines. So shop a 2004 3.6L/auto or a 2005+ model.

More year to year info:

http://www.caddyinfo.com/ctsyearbyyear.html

The 3.6L V6 is also now used in the Holden Commodore VZ, the Buick Lacrosse, and the Saturn Aura and Outlook, along with the Cadillac SRX V6, CTS, and STS V6.

A turbo variant of the 2.8L is used in the European-only Cadillac BLS and the Saab 9-3.

Alfa Romeo uses a variant of the 3.6L High feature engine sized to 3.2L.

Suzuki planned to use the 3.6L for their XL-7 SUV.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived