CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

A/C cool, not cold..

The Fred

Well the compressor is new - had it put in - but I noticed today that the accumulator is still in the trunk and so is the orifice tube *sigh*

So now I can't run the a/c until I get those done, right?

I have to replace them to have a warranty on the compressor so I assume they're necessary...

The condenser... where is it? Behind the rad.. in front of it?

Thanks

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

I'll have a look at it tomorrow,

Until I get it fixed completely I don't want to run the a/c so I sure hope we don't have any more of these 111F days we have seen recently..

It was so hot that when I picked the car up - the air inside the cabin singed my face, the wheel burned my hands, the seat burned my *smurf* and the armrest burned my arm. :D

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

Don't worry about whether or not you run the compressor. It will not turn on unless there is pressure in the AC system. Without the accumulator/orfice tube in place, the system is open to air. Is it an R12 system or R134? If you intend to convert it to 134, make sure the compressor and accumulator is rated for 134. Also, if converting, use the blue Ford orfice tube, instead of the white GM tube. The complete system needs to be well- flushed out to remove all contamination and all O-rings must be changed.

GM Reman 4.1 engine Dec '08

I'm not converting the system but thanks for the tips.. :)

There is freon in there but I don't want to run the compressor until I change the screen looking thing and the accumulator..

MerryChristmas

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

Archived