CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Orings for 94 Northstar fuel inlet part #

pulque

Hello, I recently discovered that the fuel Oring was destroyed at the fuel inlet where it mates to the fuel rail inside the intake manifold. I currently have an Oring in there but it still allows some fuel seepage. In addition, I dont know if I even have the parts in there properly.

It looks like this:

||||||| fuel rail

|||||||

------

(( )) o ring

\----/ metal retaining clip

[ ` ] fuel supply from gas tank.

|||||

|||||

The fuel supply goes inside metal ring, oring and finally the fuel rail

These parts all clip into each other, but I dont know if this is correct. I have a chiltons book that doesnt have a very good picture, and it seems to retain fuel pressure.

I am looking for the part number from GM for this O ring. Thanx

Hello, I recently discovered that the fuel Oring was destroyed at the fuel inlet where it mates to the fuel rail inside the intake manifold. I currently have an Oring in there but it still allows some fuel seepage. In addition, I dont know if I even have the parts in there properly.

It looks like this:

| | fuel rail

| |

------

( ) o ring

\----/ metal retaining clip

[ ` ] fuel supply from gas tank.

| |

| |

The fuel supply goes inside metal ring, oring and finally the fuel rail

These parts all clip into each other, but I dont know if this is correct. I have a chiltons book that doesnt have a very good picture, and it seems to retain fuel pressure.

I am looking for the part number from GM for this O ring. Thanx

1994 CADILLAC SEVILLE SLS V8 4.6L 281cid GAS FI N Engine VIN = Y

Qty Req Qty ACDelco Part# Description

FUEL / FUEL INJECTOR SEAL KIT

01 217-459 SEAL KIT,F/INJR(O RING)

AC-Delco part # 217-459

It's a kit, contains 8 each of two types of "O" ring. 8 large and 8 smaller. So apparently, the kit replaces more than just 1 type of "O" ring.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I already recieved this part, but these Orings are for the fuel injectors, which were also brittle. They are the 8 pairs for each injector.

Can you verify the drawing I tried to draw or see if there is any more info on this Oring?Thanx

1994 CADILLAC SEVILLE SLS V8 4.6L 281cid GAS FI N Engine VIN = Y

Qty Req Qty ACDelco Part# Description

FUEL / FUEL INJECTOR

01 PT1008 CONNECTOR,INLINE-TO F/INJR HARN

14-WAY FEMALE

08 217-299 INJECTOR KIT,SEQ M/PORT FUEL

Two other possible part numbers:

PT1008 which is the connector and 217-299 which is an injector kit.

If you go to the AC-Delco website, you can look up the part. The website address is: http://www.acdelco.com

the part PT1008 has an image available

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I only have the service manual for 1992 which was not a Northstar. Perhaps someone with a 94 service manual can look up an image in the manual, scan and post it?

Hi,

A bit confused as to what O ring ??

If you are referring to the plastic fuel line from the tank, which the end "arrives" near the power brake booster.

From there it connects to the fuel rail line.

In the line from the tank there are (2) two Orings.

I had one of those Orings missing from this line. I spent considerable time with the parts guy at the dealer.

It was determined that those Orings were not sold separately, and were only available with the line from the tank.

I was telling a friend (GM Tech) who worked at the dealership, about the missing Oring, and he agreed that he never saw them separate.

He also reached into his tool box and handed me a short damaged plastic fuel line from a GM truck. It had both the Orings still in the line.

I used them in my line.

Hope you can find a part number, if not, check out a scrap yard and clip the end off any scrapped GM with this style line.

Barry

2008 STS V8
2016 Colorado Z71
1970 Corvette LT-1 Coupe

PulQue, If you are referring to the fuel rail where it goes back into the return you can see a small brass ring. That ring has a oring and that piece slips over a small nipple for a tight seal. It is also the end of the fuel run for your injectors.

On the other end of the fuel rail is the Fuel pressure regulator. When looking at the engine from the front the return end is closer to you and the FPR is to the back of the engine. Which is leaking? They both have Orings on them. Be very careful with this because either way you have to pull your fuel rail off to replace them. If the end closiest to the front of the engine is leaking then you need a new fuel rail because it is a permenant part of the rail system. If its thFPR that will come with new orings. When taking off the fuel rail be very careful and take your time the hard plastic tubes in between the injectors get brittle after time and it you try to twist the FPR off with to much force it will crack off anf you have to buy a new rail.

It will cost $180.00 and alot of time and frustration if you are't mechanically inclined. I just redid my Fpr, Fuel rail and all of my injector seals so I know what I'm talking about.

Yes, its the oring toward the front of the engine,and sure enough it has a metal type ring that came off,so I snapped it back on with an oring that almos matched the original. The only thing I believe is that the front is the supply and the back would be the return? Does this sound correct?.... well, anyway thanks everyone for information, I will look further into situation, but am still open to further responses. Thanx again

Archived