CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Occasional problem with 92 Eldorado

Astrak

I just purchased a 92 Eldorado TC and sometimes while the vehicle is running the MPG and distance to empty will go blank along with the coolant temp and codes I034 and E047 pop up. So I am thinking there is probably just a bad contact between the Instrument panel cluster and the PCM but I don't know much about Cadillac so if anyone knows better it would help and if that is what the problem is does anyone know how to get to the connectors or the contacts or whatever may need to be cleaned. Thanks

So this means that the ECM is not communicating with the IPC where are the connectors for these two so I can try cleaning the contacts?

Code E047 indicates that ECM (engine control module) and BCM (body control module) do not communicate. ECM assumes (by default) that the coolant temp is 100 C, and turns fans ON. The ECM and BCM are next to the heater core under the glove box. You should see them if you remove the latter. To reconnect these computers you have to remove a sound insulator. Disconnect battery negative first. I would check the connection to the DIC (driver information center) as well. Besides, it never hurts t orecheck the battery terminals, cables, connectors, grounds when you have ANY electrical mulfunction.

BTW, factory service manual (FSM) is very helpful (unlike say, Chilton) You can get one on ebay for some $10-20. I see them there all the time. Good luck.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Ok thanks, Well I was hoping I didn't have to drop the dash(not sure if you have to) but oh well done it before do it again.

It is just a passanger side sound insulator. Not a big deal, just a couple of screws. I assume it is similar to my Seville 91.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived