CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2002 STS Trunk Interior

fast 600

Hi, my name is Les.

My wife just purchased a 2002 STS. Some things appear to be missing, I have repaired most. The trunk liner is hanging down, Is there suppose to be a cover on the rear bose speaker to hold the liner up? Thanks for your info.

Could you post a picture of the problem

The trim piece I think you are describing is held on with white/grey "button clips" and the trim should be self supporting

Are you referring to the trim pictured in the attachment?

I would bet:

1) Some of the button clips are missing or

2) Your trunk leaks (like most do) and the trim has gotten soft and saggy or

3) We are talking about different trim.

There are two retainers by the "ski pass-through door" perhaps they are missing.

post-1719-1151079458.gif

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

That would be the piece that I am describing. There is a large hole in the top center of the trim panel which I can see the large bose speaker. There is a sag in the panel, which is 3" below the trunk light. Is there suppose to be a cover over the large speaker hole to hold this up? All the plastic buttons seem to be in place otherwise. Thanks Les....

I just walked down to the parking garage and checked mine.

There is no cover for the woofer and there aren't any additional retainers by the trunk light... and mine droops almost 2" at the light...

Like my doctor says... It will probably droop more as it ages.

caddy.jpg

Greg

Thanks for the info, maybe too much info, ha ha ha :rolleyes:

I am in the the middle of changing out the ski-pass through door. The latch was broken on the original and you cannot purchase the latch only. You have to remove the intire rear seat which makes it a PIA.

I came accross a microfiche of the intire car about 2 weeks ago, 2000-2004 seville's. I believe I found it on a forum listing on a search. I cannot seem to find this again, do you know of such an animal? Les......

Are you looking for the Mitchell "Crash" Parts Book Pages...

A link to them is here

Mitchell Crash Parts

caddy.jpg

Greg

I have a broken latch on mine too. Where did you get the door?

Charles

I ordered it through a dealer, it is tan in color.

88893857 Housing

List 37.08

I paid 27.81

Remember it is the complete bucket the holds the rear arm rest which the door is attached to.

My '02 SLS had the sanme problem when I got it. As oynx said there are no clips. Mine sagged as well when I got it, but it was still under warranty, so I took it to the dealer and they replaced the cover.

My '02 SLS had the sanme problem when I got it. As oynx said there are no clips. Mine sagged as well when I got it, but it was still under warranty, so I took it to the dealer and they replaced the cover.

I installed a plastic zip tie through the speaker and trunk light hole, attatched it to the speaker bracket to pull into place.

Archived