CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

dual zone a/c

flash

i had my a/c recharged nd it worked fine for a few days now it is back to blowing itermittant hot and cold air i do notice tho that if i shut it down for awhile the cold air will blow again any thoughts on this anyone i think it is possibly the sensor on the drivers side giving the wrong info on what air temp to blow out

gordon

Simultaneously press and hold the OFF and WARMER buttons on the climate control panel, write down any codes that display, and post them back. Pay particular attention to any ACM codes.

When the system begins to blow hot air, feel the evaporator inlet and outlet lines (where they enter the HVAC housing). They should be the same temperature. If not, there is a problem with the refrigerant charge. If the lines are the same temperature, there is probably an issue with the actuators in the blend door mechanisms.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Simultaneously press and hold the OFF and WARMER buttons on the climate control panel, write down any codes that display, and post them back. Pay particular attention to any ACM codes.

When the system begins to blow hot air, feel the evaporator inlet and outlet lines (where they enter the HVAC housing). They should be the same temperature. If not, there is a problem with the refrigerant charge. If the lines are the same temperature, there is probably an issue with the actuators in the blend door mechanisms.

======================================================================

Thanks

i will go out now and try those things Also today i tried cleaning the throttle body with carb cleaner and the check engine light came on is there a way to turn it off other than the dealer doing it

gordon

Thanks

i will go out now and try those things Also today i tried cleaning the throttle body with carb cleaner and the check engine light came on is there a way to turn it off other than the dealer doing it

gordon

It is likely that you forgot to reconnect the intake air temp. sensor on the air filter housing. If that is not it, then check the codes as described in the post above and report back.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Thanks

gordon

====================================================================

First i want to say how nice it is dealing with a bunch of guys that seem to have some intelligence i know i am on a few other car boards and they do not seem to know much about anything really OR at least seem that way

I went out and tried the code check and it also turned off my check engine light i had went to a auto parts today and some dumb kid tried telling me it would deploy the air bags if he tiurned it off

I got a bunch of codes ut of it and the inlet and outlet lines seemed to be about the same temp also on the A/C

Here are the codes

PCM 0103

PCM0125

PCM 0404

PCM 0741

PCM 1599

PCM 1602

PCM1644

ACM B 1340

any or all of these you guys can decode i would be gratefull

Thanks Again

gordon

Here's a list of codes: http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?sho...55&hl=B1340

The ACM B1340 is likely the cause of the intermittent hot air from the vents. You can try cycling the temperature from 60, leaving it there for a few minutes and then set it to 90 for a few minutes. Repeat a few times - sometimes, that will cure the problem. The actuator that is setting the 1340 code is the one on the bottom of the HVAC box. It can be accessed by removing the hush panel on the passenger side - it has a rotating arm with a linkage rod attached. Watch the actuator while setting the temp to either extreme - after a few seconds, the actuator should move.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Here's a list of codes: http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?sho...55&hl=B1340

The ACM B1340 is likely the cause of the intermittent hot air from the vents. You can try cycling the temperature from 60, leaving it there for a few minutes and then set it to 90 for a few minutes. Repeat a few times - sometimes, that will cure the problem. The actuator that is setting the 1340 code is the one on the bottom of the HVAC box. It can be accessed by removing the hush panel on the passenger side - it has a rotating arm with a linkage rod attached. Watch the actuator while setting the temp to either extreme - after a few seconds, the actuator should move.

========================================================================

Thanks

i noticed last week that rod was slightly moving back and forth but not completely to the end of its travel so i guess that is the problem then Right

i have a appt. monday at a dealer so maybe i can save a few bucks by telling them this at least IF i had more time at home to work on things i would do it myself though

thanks again

gordon

The actuator arm will only move full travel when the temp. setting is adjusted to the extremes. You need to leave the temp set at 60 and at 90 for at lease 45 seconds while observing the actuator. It should then cycle to the full travel. I had the same issue on my '97 STS a year ago and cycled the temp. settings as described and it has been fine. The actuator is pricey - $143 but is a piece of cake to install - it shouldn't take an expierenced tech more than 10 minutes.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived