CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Seafoam not recommended

2000 STS MN

I did not know seafoam wasn't recommended in the Northstar, 125,000 mi currently. I use it just before I change oil and filter. I drive the car approx 50 miles and drain and replace the filter and fill with oil. I have used this process with my prevoius SSEi with 23,000 miles. I do realize the Northstar is not the same as a 3800. If this is not recommended with the Northstar, could somebody explain. I use seafoam in every motor (gas and oil) I have.....maybe I am missing something!

John

What do you hope to gain by using "Seafoam" in your gas and oil??? Additives are not recommended by GM for the Northstar or any other engine. Such additives can contain harsh chemicals that can eat the insulation off the fuel pump/injector windings causing them to fail prematurely. Save your money and forget the Seafoam. There are plenty of detergents in gasoline to keep the injectors clean despite what the marketing information on the snake oil states.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

There are plenty of detergents in gasoline to keep the injectors clean despite what the marketing information on the snake oil states.

Likewise with motor oil.

Archived