CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

quick fuse help needed cigar lighter 95 sts

lothos

Hey guys, typing this from my phone in the wendys parking lot. Seems that the plug for my radar detector came apart and shorted the connection blowing the fuse. I'm nowhere near home and my fsm, can anyone help me quick so I can stop at walmart and grab a fuse?

1995 sts cigar lighter fuse: what size and type, and which fuse block does it go in?

Thanks!

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

Hey guys, typing this from my phone in the wendys parking lot. Seems that the plug for my radar detector came apart and shorted the connection blowing the fuse. I'm nowhere near home and my fsm, can anyone help me quick so I can stop at walmart and grab a fuse?

1995 sts cigar lighter fuse: what size and type, and which fuse block does it go in?

Thanks!

WalMart sells a set of 10A 15A 20A fuses. Transparent colored plastic. Blue is for 15A. I do not remember the rest. The cigar lighter fuse will be in that range. My fuse block (1991 Seville) is in the glove box.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Thanks!

WalMart sells a set of 10A 15A 20A fuses. Transparent colored plastic. Blue is for 15A. I do not remember the rest. The cigar lighter fuse will be in that range. My fuse block (1991 Seville) is in the glove box.

Flashlight is dead but I found it in the trunk?!

Looks like a 20amp, its yellow and there's a wire going to it. Think its for the handsfree cell kit the car has.

Thanks for the quick reply!

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

Thanks again for the quick reply Adallak!

So, after digging around for a while using my phone as a flashlight, I found the fuse for the cigar lighter in the trunk. Thought that was kinda weird. There was a red wire going to that fuse, and a green wire to another fuse, that I think is for the handsfree cellular option. Don't use it, I just unplugged it.

I picked up some Quaker oil and an AC Delco P61 filter and put 'em in the trunk. I pulled the fuse and it was blown, and I replaced it. As I was closing the trunk, the motor grabbed the trunk lid and started sucking it down as I realized that the keys were in the trunk... tried fighting the motor for control of the trunk but it was no use :fighting0025: Had a friend pick me up and take me home to get my other keyless entry transmitter, and I put a battery in it but it was dead for too long and not synced up anymore. Ended up calling a tow truck and three minutes and 45 bucks later I had my car open again :yupi3ti:

The only other time I've locked my keys in my car was about ten years ago with a 1997 Chevy Blazer. I replaced the alternator in my driveway, and the aftermarket Viper alarm automagically sets the alarm when power is applied. I didn't know that, and my set of keys was on the front seat along with the spare set. Had to call a tow truck to open my car in my driveway, and that was around a hundred bucks... guess they had an idiot tax? :lol:

EDIT: my friends dad is the sales manager at a Chevy/Cadillac dealer locally, I think I should go see him about getting a spare set of keys made :lol:

Cheers!

Archived