CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac to focus on BMW

Bruce Nunnally

“Our goal is Cadillac against BMW -- very clearly. We will bring performance to these cars…and be on par or better than BMW. That is our plan.”

Those fighting words came from Karl Stracke, GM’s Vice President of Global Vehicle Engineering, who stopped by this week for a meet-and-greet and to check out the Motor Trend HQ in El Segundo, California.

Regarding his campaign to throttle BMW, Stracke says his performance division already has the technical firepower to easily put the Bavarians on notice. Unfortunately, some of those products and systems have been shuttered or shelved when GM was in the throes of bankruptcy, but Stracke is confident that even without them, Cadillac will prevail with an approach that relies on high technology and basics, like weight reduction.

“We will be better than BMW on unsprung mass,” he claims.

Read more: http://blogs.motortrend.com/6650713/new-cars/gm-vp-z-28-coming-cadillac-gunning-for-bmw-next-gen-camaro-to-alpha/index.html#ixzz0pGwByLeK

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 1 month later...

Among other things, I really hope their future technology repertoire includes something like BMW's sun refective technology. The leather in the seats has heat reflective metal particles worked into it during the tanning process, which keeps the seats up to 35 degrees farenheit cooler than the rest of the car in the hot sun. Living in Texas, as far as I'm concerned Cadillac could just about name their price for something like that and I would gladly shell it out. I am surprised that technology isn't more prolific though, since it's been out for a few years now...

No matter where you go, there you are.

• 11 months later...

Maybe Cadillac should focus on the patriotic aspect of buying American cars. GM should make a commercial that shows a waving American flag in a subtle way in the background as the Cadillac is being driven. If it's done in a tasteful way, it would be an acceptable way to focus on patriotism and pride in American ingenuity. GM should try to get a commercial on the air in time for the 4th of July.

Archived