CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Rear Auto Leveling-Compressor

barberben

I have disabled the ride control on my 92 STS. Can someone tell me if that has also disabled the auto leveler? I don't seem to ever hear a compressor, or see a dash light, yet my car never seems to sag. I've heard that if this system is working, you can use it to help manipulate the ride height of the rear. Any help on this matter would be appreciated. Also can someone tell me where to get springs to lower the FRONT 2 inches? I have a leaf spring in the rear, so I don;t want to buy springs for all 4 corners.

I've got a 92 eldorado and have never heard the compressor come on either - no light or anything, but it never sags....

My previous caddy (87 DeVille), I always knew when it came on because you could hear it, and a "car is leveling" light would come on. Maybe they've just made them much quieter....

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

I thouht that mine was not functioning either - i would sometimes bottom out on some hi-humped driveway exits. So, I parked in my quiet garage, turned off the car, left the ignition key in the on position and popped the trunk. I then sat on the open trunk lid and in a few seconds - presto! I heard the compressor go on and move the rear-end up. So...one less problem to worry about - but I still bottom out on certain driveway or parking lot exit-ways if they are to steeply contoured.

Tom R.

1998 Cadillac STS with 102K Miles

Archived