CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2001 Diags

mdwright67

Any techs want to share what buttons enable OBD on the 2001? I'll work on the codes and knowing what they are next;-) Haven't got my manuals yet - wouldn't mind a hint for a shop manual source if anyone has such. I miss my 94, but I don't like to bounce. Got a new toy, but need to get comfortable with it. Lots of bells / whistles my new green machine, also lots to go wrong... Talk to me.

Press the off & warmer buttons (I think it might be passenger warmer on the Seville) unless it was been changed by '01.

For a shop manual I've heard you might find one on ebay for a good price, otherwise get them from Helm inc. http://www.helminc.com/helm/homepage.asp?r=. Don't bother with Chilton or Haynes.

I'm thinking the activation is different - the wife has the 97 STS, and I'm familiar with the diags on it (right and/or left bank lean mean anything to you;-) The buttons for the DIC are all new etc. I think the change up year was 1998. Thanks for the literature hint Larry - kinda need those pups cuz I'm almost certain they've changed the codes up as well. M

Archived