CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Stalling Problem

mattd

Last week I was sitting at a red light and my car stalled...I turned the key and it started back up...didn't think much of it. This week it got a heck of a lot worse. It keeps stalling when in drive, if I put it in Neutral it's OK, must the load on the motor. I read up on the fuel pressure regulator and my symptoms seem to match...but I also noticed that when I'm stopped in Drive my interior light dim a bit, If i use the blinker they dim a little more every time it blinks. If I use the defroster and put on both heated seats the interior light almost completely go off...what the heck. Could this be the alternator beginning to cease up or something. If anyone knows where I can find the fuel pressure regulator on this car please let me know. The car is a 97 Aurora 4.0, I know this isn't a caddy but everything else seems the same as my STS.

I am not sure where it is on that car but it has to be on one of the fuel rails I would think, much like the 4.6. However what you are discribing does not sound like a fuel problem. Sure sounds like electrical to me.

I am not sure where it is on that car but it has to be on one of the fuel rails I would think, much like the 4.6. However what you are discribing does not sound like a fuel problem. Sure sounds like electrical to me.

Archived