CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

94 sts air condition problem

funsts

Hi I have a 94 sts and the air mcompressor whent bad so I replaced it and charged the air condition system with new freon, but when I go to start the air condition system inside the car I get a low freon pressure message and the compressor shuts off, the compressor is working fine,the pressure switch is fine too, it's like something inside the car is not opening to let the cold air into the cabin of the car, the check engine light is not coming on either, any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hi I have a 94 sts and the air mcompressor whent bad so I replaced it and charged the air condition system with new freon, but when I go to start the air condition system inside the car I get a low freon pressure message and the compressor shuts off, the compressor is working fine,the pressure switch is fine too, it's like something inside the car is not opening to let the cold air into the cabin of the car, the check engine light is not coming on either, any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Did you clear all the alarms associated with the AC system, using the climate control buttons to access the data, in the onboard computer?

Lots of info in the archives about this feature.

Jim in Phoenix

Jim in Phoenix

Did you evacuate the system before recharging? Did you clear the codes before recharging? If you did not clear the codes, the compressor is still disabled and you may have simply gone through the motions but not charged the system, which would explain your low refrigerant message.

Archived