CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Help with details on a code

mikeal1892

P0741 - TCC System Stuck Off Could anyone help me with some more detail what this is ? I'm getting this could after a rough startup sometimes.

Thank-you in advance,

Michael S

This one comes up a fair bit. Here is one earlier post that has some details:

previous post

My '99 STS also has P0741. I ignore it, because the repair is too expensive and the symptoms aren't too bad - occasional jerky shift and slightly lower highway mpg.

When it comes time for the emissions test, I'll clear all codes and drive in 3rd for the few days before the test. Supposedly that will get the car through. If not, I'll be mad.

I'm hearing that this issue could be related to my could air induction. The oil off the K&N cause the mass air flow to go bad. This is Per the cadillac dealership. So, I'm going to put the old one back in there and see if anything changes. I dont know how this could be but alrite....lol

Michael -

Have you over oiled your filter? If not I dont see what difference it could make. Sounds like your problem is in the trans.

I have heard/read about "people" over oiling a K&N filter but have never heard any first hand experiances. It makes me wonder...

I never heard of a K&N air filter breaking a transmission. Perhaps there is some sequence of strange events that explains it all. Please do let us know. By the way, if filter oil has done some damage, just swapping out the K&N for a paper filter won't fix much will it?

Archived