CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Loose front wheel bearing question

Dloch

Last night I was changing my oil filter, I change the filter when the OLM hits 50% just piece of mind on my part. Anyways I have front end clunking stuff going on which got worse after I changed the upper strut bearing which I believe are the real culprit. I grabbed the left front wheel from the top and bottom and I could feel noticeable movement which I couldn’t feel on the right front. I believe it is on it’s way out, how hard is to change the bearing?

Dennis

Dennis

Whats wrong with the rack?

To re&re it you need to drop the back half of the engine cradle... Not a project for the faint of heart...

BTW I just replaced the front driver's tie rod end... This can cause "play" too... Mine was completely shot at only 60,000 Miles... I have almost 300,000 Miles on my Z28 and the tie rods are as firm as they were when they were new... Fittings that are greased for life... sometimes don't live to long...

Give me Zerk fittings over permanently lubed parts every-time!

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Fittings that are greased for life... sometimes don't live to long...

Give me Zerk fittings over permanently lubed parts every-time!

AMEN!

The rack is leaking out the driver side end, not much but enough to be a PITA. I believe it happened when I did the steering bleeding deal after I removed the motor to replace it with a timeserted motor. If I don't turn the wheel to the extreme ends or stops the leak or drips seem to slow down for awhile. It's just one of those annoying things that I would like to get taken care of that's all.

Dennis

Are you sure the rack is leaking... My transmission leaks on that side... only when cold and only in reverse and at (or near) "full left" steering lock...

Very weird...

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Archived