CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

whats wrong here?

caddypete

Today we finally had a nice day in northeast Ohio it was sunny and 66 degrees. I left work early and was home by 3:15pm. I went out to the garage got the pail,car wash soap and wax and washed and waxed my caddy. Your wondering whats wrong with that? Well my Harley has been sitting since October, and I decided to wax the Caddy, by 6 pm while I was polishing off the wax I already had 5 calls on my cell phone from my riding buddies asking what I was doing and did I want to go riding, when I said I wanted to finish cleaning my car they all thought something was wrong with me. Being single I'm always the one they call because I have noone to tell me I can't,So it's a given I'll ride.Am I getting old?Or does my car own me?

I can't relate with you Pete. Today was sunny and 69 degrees here as well. I decided to wash my car...wash only mind you. Halfway through it, I was thinking, man I hate washing this car...it"s so BIG! And polishing those chrome wheels takes forever. Don't get me wrong, I love a clean car and I keep my cars clean, but I hate doing it. Maybe I need a new car, or a smaller car. I've noticed over the years how much fun it is to wash your car, for only the 1st year though, then it becomes old news and a royal PITA. I've read many posts here of people who just love to wash and wax their cars...sorry, I just can't relate. Am I the only one here that feels this way?

Now if I had a Harley, that would be a different story!

Last week end it was nice...and later I realized that I had washed and detailed three vehicles. And then sorting the couple dozen computer systems along the garage wall (lined up for a garage sale, Duh).

I think it has something to do with accomplishing something that has been denied - and to see the results of your work.

And... I sold my motorcycle years ago. :( (I recall some logic about how I drove it or ever being able to see our grandchildren)

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Archived