CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

'93 STS Strut Tower Brace

pos2nat

I broke the bolt on my driver side strut tower brace which connects the strut tower to the front upper radiator core support. I see some later models of the sts without this brace. Does anyone know if this brace is needed as a safety issue for the body of the car? If it's not necessary and only there for cosmetic value then I won't rush to get the broken bolt out.

Thanks for any reply.

Wow... you (or someone) must of been really wrenching to snap that hardened bolt. I believe that support is there to help prevent flexing. There is very little room up front for "unnecessary" items. While I doubt that the front end will buckle in half any time soon I would look to remove and replace the broken bolt at your earliest convenience.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Wow... you (or someone) must of been really wrenching to snap that hardened bolt. I believe that support is there to help prevent flexing. There is very little room up front for "unnecessary" items. While I doubt that the front end will buckle in half any time soon I would look to remove and replace the broken bolt at your earliest convenience.

Thanks. I'll make some time next weekend to get that bolt out and replace it.

Archived