CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Help with oil consumption...

Nikolai

If your car is using 1qt every 500mi. I'm willing to bet it's the rings. I have an 01 dts and I was burning 1qt. every 600 mi. I had the rings and pistons changed now no high oil consumption or cold piston rap. It's not an issue to use 1 qt every 500 miles you are just by passing the rings and putting plenty of oil on the cyl. walls which will keep the well lubed and prevent wear.You can WOT your car all day along and it is not going to fix your consumption..I would use a regular convetional motor oil

Good Luck

Jim

My memory recalls that someone opened something around the TB (can't recall details) and the O-ring would not go back in as it was too big, so if you take your TB off, make sure you have all gaskets and orings on hand. I will do a search to recall the thread and post the link if I am successful in finding it. Maybe someone else will recall what I am thinking about.

I recall that thread. The "O" ring swelled and was bigger than original once removed so it could not be replaced.

Exactly Ranger, what O-ring was that? Between the TB and the manifold or between the plastic MAF collar and the TB?

I think it was between the TB & manifold.

Archived