CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Right Wheel size

maremrak

I have an opportunity to purchase wheels for my 1995 Seville STS. The wheels are from the 2005 STS, where the front tires are: 235/50/17 and the rear: 255/45/17. Will that fit on my car? The guy who is selling them is saying that it will, and my mechanic has some concern since the rears are wider. Also, since I am going from 16" to 17", do I need to do anything after I put the wheels on? Thanks!

1960 Sedan De Ville (sold)

1970 Coupe De Ville (sold)

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

Anybody? I don't want to pass this opportunity, so please help me out. I just need to know if it is possible to put these on my car, without any modification. Thanks again.

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

I don't believe the RWD (2005+) STS bolt pattern or offset is the same. I think it was true that 1986+ wheels should fit, but I think that was valid until the 2005 STS. I may be mistaken.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I decided not to purchase it after all. I could be having problems with the traction control since the rear tires are smaller. Thanks for the input.

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

Looking at the backspacing and bolt pattern, they would probably have worked. The most common wheels on 97 and such are 5X115 with a 40mm BS. The 2005 is 5X115 with either 40mm BS or 45mm BS, looking at Tire Rack. I am looking to upgrade my Deville Rims 97, so I was doing some checking.

As for rim diameter..........it is not real important. You just want your tire height to be as close as possible to keep speedo correct. Otherwise, you have to have your speedo corrected at dealer. So with 17's you just want a lower profile tire on that rim vs the 16" rim.

well i really see them push the wheel from the 2000+ base model deville and i have seen them put on every kinda caddy. they make a big difference. some one posted a link. its in another current topic. i always wanted the 02 polished sts rims for my car but i havent been able to find and at a reasonable price. and the rims i have to do love.

michael - ;)

Archived