CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Factory CD Wires 97 Deville

mhinchley

Where would the factory cd wires be in the trunk for the CD, if they are infact even there? I do not want to tear apart the entire trunk. Wanting to hook up ipod adapter to the factory radio. Car still has factory am-fm tape player............and don't know if it ever had the CD in trunk or not (just bought car).

My 97 Eldorado had the wires in the trunk on the passenger side of the car. As I recall I needed to lift the carpet in the trunk and pull back the lining along the inside of the passenger side rear quarter panel to access the harness and connector. When I ordered my Eldorado I (foolishly) didn't order the factory 12 disc CD changer. I bought one last year and added it myself. These cars (1997) are all pre-wired for the CD changer and also have the mounting bracket in the trunk floor.

My 97 Eldorado had the wires in the trunk on the passenger side of the car. As I recall I needed to lift the carpet in the trunk and pull back the lining along the inside of the passenger side rear quarter panel to access the harness and connector. When I ordered my Eldorado I (foolishly) didn't order the factory 12 disc CD changer. I bought one last year and added it myself. These cars (1997) are all pre-wired for the CD changer and also have the mounting bracket in the trunk floor.

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

If your radio doesn't have a "source" button, chances are you may be out of luck.

Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that the cable is there. You can check on the rear passenger side. on the floor of the trunk, you will see the bracket that would hold the cd player. In the spare tire area, I have a trailer connector (4 or 5 wires), and over the pass rear wheel, I have a cellular phone connector (looks like a printer PC connector). so you need to find a third wire harness/connector.

thats what i always thought to it would be the source button.

michael ;)

I have the source button. Check for the harness this evening or tomorrow. (I have so much going on, you can see I am not in a huge hurry). If it has it great. If not I will just replace the whole system in the car.

Even if you don't have the wires, and you have the AMP that accepts the signal, you might want to consider tapping into the AMP (I have the schematics). I love having the factory radio, and that IPOD option in my opinion blows after market radio's away in terms of integration, & that stock look. Remember you can loose chimes, steering wheel controls, etc. when you install aftermarket - let alone you interrupt the flow of the dash.

well... if one looks like a printer cable for a PC that is the phone, and the other has a brown,green,white,yellow wire, that is the trailer light adapter. there should be a third. tough to tell if you are out of the woods yet.

neither look like a printer cable. 1 is about 3 inches in length........and guessing there are 20 wires going in it, and the other is about 1 1/2 inch long with about 10 wires going into it. Both are attached to the wheel well support and are unused and end right there. I am guess one of them 2 has to be for a CD. I did not look in the spare tire area. Tomorrow maybe I will snap a photo of em and someone hopefully can tell me who knows what it looks like.....can point out which one is which.

neither look like a printer cable. 1 is about 3 inches in length........and guessing there are 20 wires going in it, and the other is about 1 1/2 inch long with about 10 wires going into it. Both are attached to the wheel well support and are unused and end right there. I am guess one of them 2 has to be for a CD. I did not look in the spare tire area. Tomorrow maybe I will snap a photo of em and someone hopefully can tell me who knows what it looks like.....can point out which one is which.

Here is a link to pics of the 2 plugs. One is label plug A and theother is plug B in the photos. I am guessing plug A is infact the CD plug, but just guessing. Any idea?

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/southbend_st...r=/f156&.view=t

Picture B1 looks like the one. I believe when you order the ipod adapter, there is another cable you have to purchase that's like $11 or so. I don't know of anyone on this board that went this route before, But I know you will keep us posted. Again, I think it's an awsome way to go. Do you have speakers in your rear doors? I believe if you do, I also want to let you know that if it's a non-bose system, you are already wired for a AM/FM/CASS/CD head unit. Also, if you do, you have an 11 speaker system!! (That is if your front door speakers didn't blow out yet like has happened to me & a few others)

BTW, I got replacements at the bone yard, but I took them off the rear doors of a '99 wreck.

Yeah there is a guy on ebay selling the whole set up for the ipod2car for $120 or something with the extra cable for the caddy, or any car for that matter (ipod not included obviously). How he is selling them that cheap is beyond me since $200 at CC or BB. But don't ask, don't tell I guess. Not Bose, just the regular Delco system. Havent even looked to see how many speakers..........but they sound adequate for the moment (not crackling or popping).

Archived