CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

OK Caddyinfo Experts -- Can You Help?

MAC

I'm sure we really don't want to get into posting questions from other Cadillac forums, but this person (Redwingvksm) whom posted on Lincoln vs Cadillac is having major problems with a '94 STS. He's so desperate he left his cell phone number. Can we make an exception and try to help him? At this point it appears he hasn't solved the problem. See below:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=19085

I currently have the gift of trying to figure this POS out.

It has been to 4 other shops - and I'm not letting this one leave my stall until I figure it out. If not for the customer - than for myself. I have never let a vehicle leave with out fixing the problem - and I'm not gonna start. Anyways, heres the problem...

Towed in. It would start - but for only 5 seconds than die out. Sounds like the security system right? No.

Checked the resistance of the pellet AT the connector for the Pass-KeyII module and it reads fine. Checked the square wave output (For the fuel enable) and that is also fine - also there is no Security light. So I checked the fuel pressure - that's ok (50 psi). Well...got down to the injectors - and boom - that sucker is shutting down after 2-3 light ups. Went through all the OHMs for the Injectors - all between 12.0-12.3. Checked the wiring FROM the fuse (THey use 2 fuses to power JUST the injectors) and the OHMs read from 0.0-0.1.

Here's the kicker - with ALL the injectors unpluged and a Noid Light hooked up - I get a VERY-VERY weak signal to the injectors. Drivers bad? I have not told the person that owns the vehicle that it may neew a new ECU - UNTIL I'M 100% sure!! I've tried searching the web for 5+ hours now to no aviail. No codes storded. When you apply brake clean/starter fluid/etc... the engine WILL STAY RUNNING! I've checked all the grounds for the computer/engine and all are from 0.0-0.1.

Can you guys see any other problems becides the ECU?! Agian - this has been to 4 other shops for about 5 months and the customer just wants the vehicle running - any help will be greatly appreciated...

(That was posted on another fourm a couple of days ago - here's an update)

Replaced the PCM...guess what? STILL THE SAME darn THING!! I a'm currently up poop's creek with out a paddle...Any suggestion from the LVC.com members? Please - I'd love to find out what the hell is this thing's problem ASAP! Here is my Cell Number (313)995-8574 (blah, blah - yea I know I just posted my cell number on the internet, so what?)I really need help with this guys - I'm gonna start from square one tomorrow-this shouldn't be THAT difficult to remedy...darn it!!!

OK, problem solved. It was the MAP sensor.

I would have guessed fuel pump, even when he said the fuel pressure was 50, which seems a little high. A MAP sensor should throw a code (P031, P032, P034, or P071) in a 94.

OK, problem solved. It was the MAP sensor.

I would have guessed fuel pump, even when he said the fuel pressure was 50, which seems a little high. A MAP sensor should throw a code (P031, P032, P034, or P071) in a 94.

Good point!

Archived