CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Stalls and sputters from time to time. 94 SLS

cobrak69

I have a 94 SLS 4.6 vin Y. I have replaced my ECM a wile back which has caused a code 82 that I can not clear to save my life. But other than that the car runs great, but the code 82 trips the check engine light and security light and from time to time will throw a false code out. However the only PROBLEM I am haveing I believe is unrelated. Some mornings when I start the car and get to the end of my driveway the car will stall out, it always starts back up, sometimes slowly, but this doesn't happen often or on a regular basis. The last ime it happened, it went on for a while even after starting back up it would stall as soon as the gas pedal was pressed. It ran very rough for the next several cranks and wouldn't stay running. Finally I got it to start and rev, then took it down the road it has run fine for the last week. At first I thought it was a clogged fuel filter, but I checked it and replaced it recently and it was clean and now it is NEW. Any thoughts?

I would start with the battery terminals, check for corrosion or loose connection. How old are your spark plugs and wires? I would then check the Fuel Pressure Regulator next. I have a 94 shop manual and I can not find the code "82", please specify.

Archived