CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1998 Cadillac STS

Jason15036

Hey guys, hope everyones car is doing good, mine has a little issue. While driving down the road today I got a service stability system and the abs and traction lights on the dash. I ran the codes and this is what I got.

C1225 - Left Front Excessive Wheel Speed Variation. Could this be caused by a hub bearing going bad.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You, Jason

Jason 15036,

Did you upgrade from another Caddy recently?

Regardless of the above, If your car has tire pressure transmitters in the valve stems and they are relatively equal or at least not too low or high, then it may be sensing a problem by comparing wheel rpm across all 4 corners.

I would verify the tire pressures are OK first and then see if it clears up.

Otherwise, it is possible the the speed pickup at that hub has been moved or whatever.

Or as you noted, the hub itself is going bad (but that seems a bit extreme). I would think it would read the same speed until it wobbles like crazy, falls off or locks up.

I'd take it up into the triples and report back, (if possible) but that's just me.

Good Luck !

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Hey guys, hope everyones car is doing good, mine has a little issue. While driving down the road today I got a service stability system and the abs and traction lights on the dash. I ran the codes and this is what I got.

C1225 - Left Front Excessive Wheel Speed Variation. Could this be caused by a hub bearing going bad.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You, Jason

Could be a hub failure. But pull the wheel and check the connector before you order parts. Hearing any noise from the LF?

Had any brake work done recently?

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

[...I'd take it up into the triples and report back, (if possible) but that's just me.

Good Luck !

Yow!

You've got balls!

Possibly a bad bearing at 100 mph???

Maybe Check the Bearing FIRST!

But that's just me.

WOT on!

LoL

Archived