CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Caddy engine goes into Blazer

EldoGuy

I love it, brought back memories of a few of my first rebuilds.

My first was a 53 Studebaker, that I shoe horned in a 1956 354' Chrysler Hemi. Did the entire thing at the curb in the Berkeley, CA hills. Brought the engine home from a wreking yard in the trunk of my dad's 57 Plymouth.

Never did finish welding the floor pan back together, and the throttle was a 1/4" cord that you held on to. This was in the mid sixties and the traffic was very low where I drove. I drove it for several months before finally getting a foot accelerator to work. Not safe but what a ball.

-George

post-141-1138411078.jpg

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

I BELONG TO THE CADILLAC LASALLE CLUB AND IN THIS MONTH`S MAGAZINE THERE IS A STORY ABOUT A GUY THAT PUT A NORTHSTAR INTO A 1958 ELDORADO BROUGHAM. HE USED 1999 MOTOR AND A 700R TRANSMISSION FOR A REAR WHEEL DRIVE SET UP. A DEPHI ENGINE CONTROL MODULE (MEFI III) PROGAMED BY SOME GUY IN CALIFORNIA WAS USED TO CONTROL THE NORTHSTAR. BEAUTIFUL CAR IN THE STOCK FORM FROM CADILLAC. TOO BAD HE CHOSE TO MESS UP A VERY RARE AND EXPENSIVE ELDORADO. EVEN THOUGH, HE USED A CADILLAC MOTOR I WOULD HAVE KEPT IT ALL STOCK.

That definitely brought back memories of my first rebuild. A '79 Oldsmobile 403 V-8 for my '87 Buick Regal. I didn't make a video of it, but I did put it on the Internet:

http://jadcock.oldsgmail.com/regal/403spec.html

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

That definitely brought back memories of my first rebuild. A '79 Oldsmobile 403 V-8 for my '87 Buick Regal. I didn't make a video of it, but I did put it on the Internet:

http://jadcock.oldsgmail.com/regal/403spec.html

Too bad you didn't score one of those windowless mains 403... ;)

My back yard rebuild of my '87 442 is nearing an end... My wife was very excited when I removed all of the interior trim from underneath our bed last weekend...

Red Neck's in the Pacific Northwest are few and far between!

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Archived