CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

code P0056

Guest Martinsen

Guest Martinsen

Hi,

does anyone know whats wrong when P0056 code appears?

I checked it up and it means Transmission input speed circuit sensor!

Is it much work and money to have it fixed?

Is the code constant or does it come and go? If it comes and goes it could be a plug wire too close to the wire harness or high output two-way radio signal. If it is constant it could be a pinched or open wire or a bad sensor. It is deep in the transmission under the side tranny cover. It requires you to drop the transmission in order to change. It pretty expensive to fix if you have to drop the transmission. Don't panic mine has been intermittent for 4 years. It does shift hard when the code is set. I would check the wiring first before I would drop the tranny. Check with a reputable transmission shop, that won't immediatly lead you to a total transmission rebuild, for a price. I am guessing about $1000+/-.

Guest Martinsen

Is the code constant or does it come and go? If it comes and goes it could be a plug wire too close to the wire harness or high output two-way radio signal. If it is constant it could be a pinched or open wire or a bad sensor. It is deep in the transmission under the side tranny cover. It requires you to drop the transmission in order to change. It pretty expensive to fix if you have to drop the transmission. Don't panic mine has been intermittent for 4 years. It does shift hard when the code is set. I would check the wiring first before I would drop the tranny. Check with a reputable transmission shop, that won't immediatly lead you to a total transmission rebuild, for a price. I am guessing about $1000+/-.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

The code is not constant, it only comes on mainly in cold weather or when the car makes a turn.

I spoke with the cadillac garage here in Sweden and they sad that it is not a problem if the car

shifts normally, and it does.

Do u think its maybe bad wiring?

Best regards Martinsen

Check your spark plug wires and make sure none of them are touching any part of the wiring harness. Find the wires to the transmission and see if everything looks o.k. there. Could be just a corroded connection. I would not worry about it if it is intermittent, mine has been that way for 4 years and I have not had any problems, only an occasional hard shift.

Archived