CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

SRX Loaner

JimD

Dealer had a new '06 SRX loaner vehicle waiting for me this morning. It's the AWD, 3.6 L, VVT engine and quite an enjoyable ride. Gets moving fairly quickly with smooth, fast upshifts; that VVT engine plus the gearing is a good match with a broad torque band that you can "feel".

It's not a vehicle I need in my fleet right now, but I like it!

Arrrggghhh. I can edit anything except the Title!!! .... SRX Loaner ...

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I drove both the V6 (which is peppy), and the N*. I really liked the way the SUV (as it were), drove, it feels more like a sedan, great handling, very tight. The interior was very nice, as well, true Cadillac styling.

However, in the end, I wanted the N* version, and could not grapple with paying a $9,000 - 10,000 upgrade for the V8, which would have put the car in the low $ 50(s).

However, I see where recently they are advertising the a base price of $ 36k for a V6, so maybe a N* is somewhere in the mid-forties. Its a good time to deal with GM, right now, with their surplus.

However, I see where recently they are advertising the a base price of $ 36k for a V6, so maybe a N* is somewhere in the mid-forties. Its a good time to deal with GM, right now, with their surplus.

What got my attention was they did not send me to the Enterprise rental counter with a voucher for a plain-Jane Deville. This SRX is an employee's demo, so maybe they don't have a lot of requests for SRX test drives??

Come June or July, you might be able to drive a deal on the Northstar equiped SRX of your color choice!!

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Dealer had a new '06 SRX loaner vehicle waiting for me this morning. It's the AWD, 3.6 L, VVT engine and quite an enjoyable ride. Gets moving fairly quickly with smooth, fast upshifts; that VVT engine plus the gearing is a good match with a broad torque band that you can "feel".

It's not a vehicle I need in my fleet right now, but I like it!

Arrrggghhh. I can edit anything except the Title!!! .... SRX Loaner ...

Two years ago my father bought a 2004 SRX V8 fully loaded for my mother. They have about 25K on it now and have loved it. I have driven it many times and have really been impressed by its road manners and how nimble it is for its size. The VVT engine is also pretty impressive - there is no lag when you push down on the gas pedal. You just go!

The only trouble we've had with it was about two months ago when a cement mixer didn't have the spout secured on the back and it smashed out the rear window as it was parked in front of their house. Long, nightmarish story, but it ended well. Car is back, good as new.

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

Archived