CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

95 Deville without rear door speakers?

coolchris

rear deck speakers aren't enough for ya? I always liked the sound in my deville. not knocking your idea or anything (I'm all about mods), just curious...

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

I went to Crutchfield dot com and checked for speakers that "fit my vehicle". It list 5 1/4" for the front and rear doors. I picked up a couple pair for the doors. There is already a place inside the door made for the speakers. It's just that they were never put in. I guess six speakers were just not an option for the original owner. My question leans more toward proper wiring rather than physical modifications.

Davedog, I think you already have six speakers, maybe even Bose, cause Delco just don't cut it.

Thanks

Chris

How do I go about adding rear door speakers when there were none there to replace.

Thanks

Chris

Why ???

Putting them in the rear door panel would be the last resort for me....

What are you trying to achieve,....blast your dog when he's asleep on the rear floorpanel ???

I would consider upgrading your existing rear deck speakers at minimum, and possibly improving power to those same speakers, depending on the maginitude of your change.

Speakers mounted low are not a a good thing, in general, because they are usually mid-range and high-range frequencies (tweeters and such), which are very directional and their sound gets absorbed quickly.

I put put some 3-way speakers mounted in a molded Q-cube housing in the front floorboard of my Stang, pointed directly at the driver and passenger and what an impact. Direct sound (versus reflected) was heard and realized. Believe me, if you want more sound, consider mounting them in the front floorboard directed at the audience in front. If you desire more sound in the back, I would consider upgrading the speaker or enhancing the power to those same speakers.

Archived