CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Easy Clean Tip

Spurlee

The washing Poll got me to thinking...

I get around town (Chicago) quite a bit and park my El Dorado in a lot of public garages during the week and underground at work when I'm not at client's places. At this time of year, particularly, the car receives a lot of seepage from the ceilings in the garages that leaves a white chalky stain on the finish. It's a combination of salt (not too bad) and limestone acid from the cement (really bad). Regular washing won't remove it.

Before washing at the drive through I spray plain old vinegar on the stain from a bottle I keep in the trunk. The 5% acid in the vinegar eats the limestone crud right off with no rubbing. Safe, cheap and easy.

Scott

Scott

1996 El Dorado

2006 STS

2000 Corvette

Never heard of that. Sounds very interesting.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Vinegar works wounders on the windows also.

2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT Light platinum 39K miles

~Vogue VTXi Package - Corsa Exhaust - K & N Cold air intake - Blacked out tints

2004 Cadillac Escalade 6.0L all-whell drive Pewter 42k miles

~22" Tis 07 Rims - E&G Chrome Vertyical billet Grill - Limo tints - Tv's in the Visor and headrests

1990 Mustang GT Painted Cadillac Diamond White - 604 Rwhp

Family Cars:

2004 Cadillac XLR (Mom)

2005 Cadillac STS V8(Dad)

2000 Eldorado ETC (Brother)

Vinegar is a secret for all kinds of stuff - a universal light acid.

It's great for removing evaporated water spots - I use in on my waverunners and jet ski's which get a lot of dried, dirty water spots after a day's use. Spray it on, wipe lightly and rinse off.

Pour a cup or so in a seldom used toilet and it keeps the water-edge from accumulating build up from hard water. Down through the coffee maker and it eats out the lime build up (you'll be amazed!). Soak water faucet ends for the same effect to free up the little screens.

The list goes on and on. I swear, I go through a gallon a month - one of the best dollars I spend.

Scott

Scott

1996 El Dorado

2006 STS

2000 Corvette

Archived