CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Speaker Grille Removal

WarrenJ

The recent poll, "How Clean Is Your Caddy," reminded me of one of those simple things that really pisses me off. Of course, I'm told it's better than being pissed on . . . .

After the most recent detailing I had to return my car to "Bobby" no less than three times to have him completely remove whatever that white monkey-snot stuff was on my dashboard etc.

Some, however, remains on the passenger door speaker grille. It needs to be gone!

So . . . . does the grille simply pull off? Try as I might, I can't find info in my FSM regarding the removal of the speaker grille.

Keep in mind I'm a coward and fear doing anything that might damage Baby in any irreversible way.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Took mine off to install aftermarket speakers. They pop right off, just don't use a screw driver or anything as it will chew up the soft plastic. Gently pull on the bottom and slide your index fingers under the grill, the little tabs should pop lose with little fan fair, then it should lift right off. I'm not going to tell you than you won't break the grill because the tabs are pretty brittle on a ten year old car (mine were, at least) but I managed to remove and reinstall them several times without damaging them so I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to if you're decently carefull.

Best of luck-

--Ben

Took mine off to install aftermarket speakers. They pop right off, just don't use a screw driver or anything as it will chew up the soft plastic. Gently pull on the bottom and slide your index fingers under the grill, the little tabs should pop lose with little fan fair, then it should lift right off. I'm not going to tell you than you won't break the grill because the tabs are pretty brittle on a ten year old car (mine were, at least) but I managed to remove and reinstall them several times without damaging them so I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to if you're decently carefull.

Best of luck-

--Ben

Thanks for that. It's just what I expected, but a little reinforcement is good for the soul.

Regards,

Warren

P.S. Yes, folk need to be careful on these ten year old things.

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived