CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

The after pic

JIMDTS

Hi Evveryone

Well the whole job took under an hour to remove the dealer badge and old style northstar logo.Most of the time was spent finding the stuff to do the job.I used Bruce's tip the dental floss on the dealer badge and that worked great. The northstar logo was a little tuffer to get off.I tried the dental floss it would have worked but kept breaking So I tried Brad's tip of the fishing line 20lb.that worked great The northstar logo left the hard black double sticky tape which most of it came off just by using my thumb them I had to use mineral spirts on a terry cloth towel which took the rest off. The dealer badge left the tape too but that all came off just by using my thumb and workin it off.

Then I used some 3m fine cut compound to clean the area real good.The I measure where the new logo should I just used the DTS lodo as a ref. point 1 1/4in from the edge of the trunk and 3in. from the bottom of the logo I used some masking tape to make a straight line some trial and error eyeballing then it was time for the new logo. I finished off the area with some swirl mark remover then some glaze I worry about waxing the area another time the whole car needs a good going over.All in all a pretty easy job Thanks Bruce and Brad for the tips..They sure helped..The end results..A quick and dirty pic..

Cheers

Jim

picture.JPG

Glad it worked out for you. It really looks great! Now, if I could only find one of those new logos in gold.......

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

Hi Eric

The new logo comes with the double stick tape installed on it all you have to do is peel off the backing and stick it on. Oh and the old logo came off fine no breaks so it's yours I'll try to get it off to you some time next week.

Cheers

Jim

Hi Brad

Thanks for the fishing line tip that sure worked well VBG I didn't have any 17lb but I had some 20lb.Maybe in a short time someone will come out with the gold kit with the new logo in gold If I see one I'll let you know..

Thanks

Jim

Hi Brad

Thanks for the fishing line tip that sure worked well

No problem, glad you could use it. When I did this on my car I was so giddy that I had new emblems I didn't even notice that is was 17 degrees outside!!! :D LOL

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

Jim, I appreciate it!! You're probably the only one around with the new logo -[i've never seen it, and I look!]

I'll PM you my address.

I had better pick me up some fishing line

Again. Thanks a lot Jim

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

Hi

Just haming it up I had to get in the pic too i tried at a close up i should have been much closer but this one works for me..

Cheers

Jim

picture.JPG

As a photographer myself, I can honestly say..........

I like a man who gets on his knees to take a picture... ;):lol::P

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Hi Marika

The camera was on a tripod I was just pushing the shutter button Getting lazy i had the camera set to auto..and let it do it's thing..I should have used my camera I used my wifes camera and I'm not well versed in the controls With my camera I pretty much know how to get good results Her camera(nikon995) is pretty easy to use one of the first digi cams I purchased These digi cams sure beat the old 35mm and 50mm..

Cheers

Jim

Hi Marika

The camera was on a tripod I was just pushing the shutter button Getting lazy i had the camera  set to auto..and let it do it's thing..I should have used my camera I used my wifes camera and I'm not well versed in the controls With my camera I pretty much know how to get good results Her camera(nikon995) is pretty easy to use one of the first digi cams I purchased  These digi cams sure beat the old 35mm and 50mm..

Cheers

Jim

I have a whole bunch of cameras and equipment. I have my own black and white darkroom as well.

I run this website: http://www.rps-atlantic.org and I'm the editor and publisher of the monthly newsletter for the Royal Photographic Society-Atlantic Chapter. I'm also a Licentiate member of the RPS and a member of the National Press Photographers Association.

Cameras have interested me since I was a very tiny toddler. My first experience with a camera is when I pulled my father's camera off a windowsill by grabbing the strap of the camera. Broke it. It was a Zeiss. He had it repaired and later in life, introduced me to photography on that very same Zeiss.

I think digital is great, it has managed to bring photography to the masses more so than what Polaroid ever accomplished. But I still think that digital has a loooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go before it can catch up to traditional film.

I'm always glad to see people putting cameras to good use; and by the way, you should always carry a camera with you. You never know when you might end up having to photograph something, even as an emergency...

http://www.photo.net/photodb/presentation?...ation_id=136174 (click any image to see a larger version of that image)

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Hi Marika

I also have a bunch od camers equipt. My job sometimes involves a lot of travel

So it was always nice to have a nice camera at the ready. Just off the top of my head i have cpulpe hasselblads(50mm) A few Nikons My favorites are a Nikon's f2as & f3 I have a couple canons too A1&620eos which is a nice camera With the canon eos You can set it to auto and let it go I like the feature it has for under and over bracketing the exposue. 3 quick shots and usually all 3 are great 1pic +exposure 1pic correct 1pic-exposure,What is a pain with the 35mm is I would always have to lug around a camera bag with extra lens's wide angle, 50mm and a telephoto just to have the equiptment to capture any situation at hand The digi cameras make it easier so you don't have to lug all the goodies around.I know how to develope the film a friend of mine is really big into developing and taking photo's So I just head to his house to do the developing work Normally he just does the developing he's a perfectionist and will do many many prints until he gets one he likes with me it's just one and forget it. In the darkroom I'm usually just working the light switch in the room when the room needs to be dark and drinking beer watching. Glad you have a hobby you enjoy I have many hobbies I like taking pic's but not as much as I used too.The digi cams are very easy and you don't have to lug all the gear.They sure did a lot for photography but like you say have a loooong way to go.

Cheers

Jim

Glad it worked out for you.  It really looks great!  Now, if I could only find one of those new logos in gold.......

The "gold kits" are usually done by the dealers or by a local firm that they contract it out to.

If you want to get the logo in gold, just ask your local Cadillac sales manager if they can do it for you or if they can tell you who does it for them. It's usually not very expensive.

There are also some firms on the internet who can do it for you. I had a Northstar32V logo gold plated a couple of years ago. I think it cost me about $25 inlcluding the cost of the badge itself. I think this is the company that did it for me:

http://www.brushplate.com/gold.htm

Archived